Shopping for material

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
We had a sweet deal with Zahn that took freight charges to $1.99. Both of the people involved with making that deal (one executive other regional rep) retired. So the deal is gone. Went to order nine 25lbs boxes total of modern material stone and Zahn plaster. Freight charge was $419. First call is to Paterson which is short drive away but curious on your thoughts about dental alternatives at a lower shipping cost.

F

Foggy_in_RI

Reaction score
Don't know if they have what you're looking for but I hear Bego is shipping for free if your order is over $300.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I can get beer at the 7-11 with no shipping charge at all but I have to pay a deposit.

If you buy enough of something I’d start calling around and see if someone is willing to negotiate. Shipping costs just keep going up. If I had the option to pick it up nearby I’d do it and get a year’s worth.
Actually I’d send my son in law to do it.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
We had a sweet deal with Zahn that took freight charges to $1.99. Both of the people involved with making that deal (one executive other regional rep) retired. So the deal is gone. Went to order nine 25lbs boxes total of modern material stone and Zahn plaster. Freight charge was $419. First call is to Paterson which is short drive away but curious on your thoughts about dental alternatives at a lower shipping cost.
try @Nowakdental

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Benco has a deal similar to Amazon Prime. $99. a year and you get free shipping on all orders over $100. One order of stone and it pays for itself.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I was going to say benco, if youre a member of their club you get big discounts. $400 for shipping is insane.

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
As long as you’re on the east side, otherwise one box of stone costs 39$ to ship. And no, stone doesn’t fall under the free shipping option. Also, expect their prices on web to be lower than actual charge. Not complaining just keeping it real

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I dont buy from companys that forget to ship things, still charge and tell the customer theyre wrong. I wish I didnt have the sour taste in my mouth from that experience but 13 years later its still not right, so they dont get a dime.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
As long as you’re on the east side, otherwise one box of stone costs 39$ to ship. And no, stone doesn’t fall under the free shipping option. Also, expect their prices on web to be lower than actual charge. Not complaining just keeping it real
if the prices you are seeing online arent reflected in your invoice, you should speak up!

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I dont buy from companys that forget to ship things, still charge and tell the customer theyre wrong. I wish I didnt have the sour taste in my mouth from that experience but 13 years later its still not right, so they dont get a dime.
hey thats totally understandable. that would leave a bad taste for anyone. my rep takes excellent care of me and the 1-2 times that has happened over the past 10 years, its been corrected without any raised blood pressure.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
It wasnt a matter of a $30 honeycomb tray, it was the questioning of my integrity, like I was trying to get another free one. Dontknow

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
It wasnt a matter of a $30 honeycomb tray, it was the questioning of my integrity, like I was trying to get another free one. Dontknow
100% understand! thats absurd.
if an office calls and says i didnt include a screw for a case, i just drop one off. no questions asked!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I had a Dr call me up accusing me of not sending the screw, but called back later to say they found it in the chair under the patient..

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
if the prices you are seeing online arent reflected in your invoice, you should speak up!
I did. Explanation I got was that they are working in their website. That’s what I’ve been told for the last six months. ‘Working on website.’ I’ve honestly not got any better or worse service from any of the suppliers. All the same to me. I’m convinced us small labs get treated differently. When I say small, 1-2 person.

Top Bottom