Shining 3D Scanners

Toto

Toto

Reaction score
Hello guys - anyone have any feedback on the Shining Scanners ? Thinking of getting one for zirconia and metal frames.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
don't give them your business. bad company bad product.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
real bad 1.3 and 2.3 my deviation on 4 markers
Pro 2.png Pro Marker.png

B

bullit

Reaction score
I was also looking at this scanner, what would be an alternative in this price range??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

DekaDent

Reaction score
I was also looking at this scanner, what would be an alternative in this price range??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Up3D brand
AccuBlu, Up300
you can use their proprietary CAD, |UpCAD, which |I find it reliable at the base level and try it vs. ExoCAD

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
it was a joke if you find any other scanner in this price range up to double doing this with same deviation let me know i have DS EX and Pro below the parts in the first post with max 2.3 mikron deviation a bit printerwork for fun.
1.jpg
IMG_2099.JPG IMG_2103.JPG

and webview straight to interface no glue base next time with angulated channels forgot to add in lib.after last update.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ntpvqztfm0r56p/2018-07-05_00005-008.html?dl=0

Last edited:
sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
don't give them your business. bad company bad product.
yes, please do explain...been considering one of these later this year. wanted to grab one this spring but had other life events hold me back. if theres something we should know, do tell!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
cheap

chinesium

crapola

avoid

also shining likes to rip off proprietary stuff. i half expect they will try to "sell" you a mysterious exocad license with no dongle number and no software updates, and no yearly fee.

avoid

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Wow, that's quite objective of you.:rolleyes:

If you have something to substantiate those claims, spill it.Questionmark

I heard last year from two separate sources that they purchased enough exo dongles upfront to be considered the largest reseller in Asia.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
not Asia only they are the biggest EXO reseller in the world the rest is girls or old man talk.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Dont worry they dont sponsor here.

These type of scanners will be in a lot of dental offices that are reluctant to purchase IO scanners.

Not expensive and the ability to scan impressions which many Docs are super comfortable taking impression already.

Of course if they work as advertised.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I'm curious about the speed of this scanner, anyone have personal knowledge?

I

illumi

Reaction score
We bought an ex after our 3shape died out of warranty. The speed is pretty close to what they say on the website but in practical use we end up using the add scan function allot.

After it does its preprogrammed scan routine you have the option to move the scan around and add an additional scan at the chosen angle. This adds time to pretty much every case but you end up needing to do it a fair amount to fill in a partially incomplete area. As for imps it doesn't live up to the hype. The few I have tried had issues on the deep areas. Mind you I didn't try tech support yet to see if they could figure it out.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
We bought an ex after our 3shape died out of warranty. The speed is pretty close to what they say on the website but in practical use we end up using the add scan function allot.

After it does its preprogrammed scan routine you have the option to move the scan around and add an additional scan at the chosen angle. This adds time to pretty much every case but you end up needing to do it a fair amount to fill in a partially incomplete area. As for imps it doesn't live up to the hype. The few I have tried had issues on the deep areas. Mind you I didn't try tech support yet to see if they could figure it out.
value for the price tag? (which is pretty small imo)

I

illumi

Reaction score
Given the price we thought at the very least it would make a good backup / ortho scanner. So far it has performed better than expected for accuracy and speed. We haven't had any issues with implant bridges but we have yet to give it a try for a roundhouse. Knock on wood once the year warranty is up but so far we are happy.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Given the price we thought at the very least it would make a good backup / ortho scanner. So far it has performed better than expected for accuracy and speed. We haven't had any issues with implant bridges but we have yet to give it a try for a roundhouse. Knock on wood once the year warranty is up but so far we are happy.
thank you for the feedback!!!

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
What is the price?
i dont recall exact numbers at the moment, but they are shockingly low. hence why its a serious consideration, even if just for simple single unit workflow or a startup lab