Shining 3D AutoScan-DS200 Dental Scanner

S

SSEN

Reaction score
Hello everybody, I was looking to this scanner from the big chinese Company Shining 3D, but can anybody tell me some feedback of this scanner? It looks pretty good from the paper spects, but how it perform in the real work world?
I will really apreciate any useful feedback. Thank you and best regards
Hi, did you get this Shining 3D scanner, if yes are you satisfied?

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
looks like the same exact scanner everyone else is selling. DOF
Not quite. DOF has a rotating stage for the model with the camera moving in an arcaround the model. Excellent design & company.

S

SSEN

Reaction score
Not quite. DOF has a rotating stage for the model with the camera moving in an arcaround the model. Excellent design & company.
Thank you! Should you choose dof or medit?

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Thank you! Should you choose dof or medit?

I chose DOF HD. I love it. I'd do it again without hesitation. The machine works, makes sense, and is actually repairable. When I received my unit shortly after they came out they had a run of a poorly manufactured connector board to the cameras. Late in the afternoon my reseller got a hold of their Korea HQ and they sent me replacements NDA from Korea to the eastern US by 10:30 a.m. Exceptional, IMHO.
The scans are imperfect but very good and fully functional, and better than any medit scans I've imported from other labs (but that's only my experience). Have @sidesh0wb0b or someone else talk to you about real life results of the Medit.

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
wow what content how much text how much information.
TLDR

So does anyone work on this scanner and can tell what's the matter with it?

The very belief that I consider something worse because I do not like it, "and my friend said" ,fighting on emotions is not worth quoting among professionals.
confirmed experience, review would be appreciated.

I would like to add that, for example, everyone advised me against the Medit identica 2015 scanner, saying "because it's Korean" in bad taste. That fuses right after the warranty. well, 2020 works on. the quality is at least sufficient, and the software and accuracy of the scans is so high that it mills primary and secondary telescope structures on it.
oh I have a comparison to the 3 shape scanners, amann girbbach, dental wings and sirona

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Gru are you selling your DOF HD now that youre are out??

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
The ones I see pushing this scanner are the internet dentists pushing it for cheap in house scanning... Its a total ripoff, China does the same with every good idea. It has the same design as the DOF edge scanner.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I chose DOF HD. I love it. I'd do it again without hesitation. The machine works, makes sense, and is actually repairable. When I received my unit shortly after they came out they had a run of a poorly manufactured connector board to the cameras. Late in the afternoon my reseller got a hold of their Korea HQ and they sent me replacements NDA from Korea to the eastern US by 10:30 a.m. Exceptional, IMHO.
The scans are imperfect but very good and fully functional, and better than any medit scans I've imported from other labs (but that's only my experience). Have @sidesh0wb0b or someone else talk to you about real life results of the Medit.
i dont have a Medit desktop scanner. i have a Shining scanner.
i get scans from clients (both labs and Drs) that are from Medit ios and desktop scanners though. both are great, no issues!

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
i dont have a Medit desktop scanner. i have a Shining scanner.
i get scans from clients (both labs and Drs) that are from Medit ios and desktop scanners though. both are great, no issues!
Don't know why I can't seem to get that straight!

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Gru are you selling your DOF HD now that youre are out??
Probably, but hopefully you all know me well enough to know I wouldn't hype it if I didn't love it. Haven't pulled the trigger yet, since my better half wants dental work done now that I'm done. LOL

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Probably, but hopefully you all know me well enough to know I wouldn't hype it if I didn't love it. Haven't pulled the trigger yet, since my better half wants dental work done now that I'm done. LOL
She wants to be your last pt to get all the skill you've built over the years.

Top Bottom