Shiiping fees ;-(

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Over $12.00 to overnight (afternoon) a single lower 1x6 that i don't stock. Does it really cost that much to ship or is the major company gouging on the shipping fees a bit?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Over $12.00 to overnight (afternoon) a single lower 1x6 that i don't stock. Does it really cost that much to ship or is the major company gouging on the shipping fees a bit?
Really depends from where to where...but $12 for overnight afternoon doesn't sound bad at all. I've paid over $60 for overnight afternoon before.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Agree with TheLabGuy. $12.00 is pretty good, Straumann charges 25 or 30 for next day which is still probably a good deal, Ivoclar and Argen also charge super cheap, but all these companies ship A LOT of packages and are getting the cheaper discount pricing and passing it on. Look for other option on shippers.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
When I order teeth from Ivoclar I have to spend $250 to get free overnight shipping. Anything less and I pay $10. So $12 is pretty standard.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
My only gripe is that it was one itty bitty 1x6 (i usually order more so that is why this one stings). The shipping costs seem high to me...

doug

doug

Reaction score
Straumann uses shipping as an additional profit source

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
My only gripe is that it was one itty bitty 1x6 (i usually order more so that is why this one stings). The shipping costs seem high to me...
It's the first portion of a pound being calculated as a pound and the first pound at all that gets you.

UPS Ground-and in state-on my very unspecial acct
up to 1 lb = ~ $9.60
up to 2 ~ 9.80
up to 3 ~ 10.05

Box dimension matters too. Largest size vs overall volume or something like that.

It costs as much to move one 1x6 as it does 20 of them. Just something else we have to keep in mind for special order requests. And it's a pain.

Wade Bognuda

Wade Bognuda

Reaction score
Some of these companies (should I mention any?) are using shipping as a profit center and GOUGING us on shipping. One of these companies that I have been using for decades has gotten do bad I will never buy anything from them again. They blame the "warehouse".

DanM

DanM

Reaction score
How are you guys getting such a good deal on shipping from Ivoclar? I feel like they are one of the ones up there. I can get something from Argen to the east coast overnight by 10:30 for $11 so I think everybody should be able to work out something similar. I agree companies are either gouging or not interested in saving on shipping. And I can't believe they don't have someone negotiating rates.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I pass the teeth and shipping costs on to dentists as i get them, I suppose that is not the business way but i think it's fair. I just don't like to be gouged and I wouldn't do it to others.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
The real question is why did you put yourself in that position in the first place?
next day tryin? Why the panic?

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
No panic, very busy atm and trying to push things out so I can have a weekend, it's as simple as that for me a very simple person, lol.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
So if i order a salad without tomatoes will it be cheaper? LOL Shipping is shipping either .5lbs of 12lbs. There is always a base price no matter how ridiculous it may be for the item ordered.

D

David Laville

Reaction score
If anyone can tell me where I can get color concentrate monomer for ortho appliances without the $44.00 hazardous shipping fee I'd appreciate it. It's not the price but the principle. I had someone at a dental supply house tell me once any monomer under a quart doesn't require hazardous shipping fee and is why they only sell monomer in quart size containers.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
So if i order a salad without tomatoes will it be cheaper? LOL Shipping is shipping either .5lbs of 12lbs. There is always a base price no matter how ridiculous it may be for the item ordered.

Depends on where you get salad. Most of the salad bars i order (not fast food) are by weight, something like $5 per pound. The dentist will be paying the tooth and shipping charge so this is all beside the point. The patient is the one losing out with high fees for their case, I just try to be fair.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Depends on where you get salad. Most of the salad bars i order (not fast food) are by weight, something like $5 per pound. The dentist will be paying the tooth and shipping charge so this is all beside the point. The patient is the one losing out with high fees for their case, I just try to be fair.
You think a $12 shipping fee is gonna break the patients bank their case? Lol, then that doctor is a crook. Then how do you explain a 24hour rush fee of $250 that some labs charge? Forget about a small $12 fee

We actually charge for expedited shipping.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
You think a $12 shipping fee is gonna break the patients bank their case? Lol, then that doctor is a crook. Then how do you explain a 24hour rush fee of $250 that some labs charge? Forget about a small $12 fee

We actually charge for expedited shipping.

Different business models, it used to drive Mark J to the point of insanity to discuss this with me.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Different business models, it used to drive Mark J to the point of insanity to discuss this with me.
Lol, a fee is a fee either shipping, rush or late etc. You could save it and deliver it yourself lol!

Top Bottom