Shadewave

rgkbmk

rgkbmk

Reaction score
Listen I use this program but I receive nothing in return. I have always use things like this. The first phase they did was shade selction . Now they have added more info for us to use. Personally I like seeing the differances and what can be added into the restorations. Here are some things they have done
View media item 63Dentin shades
View media item 64internal effects
View media item 68translucency
View media item 70Gingival colors

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
tried it, hated it, cancelled it.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
I still use clearmatch which is what shade wave is based on its a read help but not fool proof allf them are only usefull with a good photo.I have had clearmatch for over 10 years and run it thru an xp computer.

H.Ross

H.Ross

Reaction score
Isn't this complicated to understand? never heard of it but must be useful for some. I use my camera and eyes :D

rgkbmk

rgkbmk

Reaction score
Grantoz, I use and still have clearmatch to. Its a great program. Just cant buy it anymore. I was working with Allen on an upgrade when he passed. its a shame becuase I like it to.
H.Ross, once you learn it its not complicated. IT takes the guess work out. For some a picture and knowing your system does make a differance. Some can clearly pick out shade easily.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Its kinda like eLABs uncle with 80s neon.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
my clearmatch is still going. Allen was a true genius we will see most of the intra oral scanners with shade selection the ones that have it are already a good start to things.

Kam Yu

Kam Yu

Reaction score
We still have access as well but heard the company isnt gonna allow anymore renewals? Are they done after this yr?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Listen I use this program but I receive nothing in return. I have always use things like this. The first phase they did was shade selction . Now they have added more info for us to use. Personally I like seeing the differances and what can be added into the restorations. Here are some things they have done
View media item 63Dentin shades
View media item 64internal effects
View media item 68translucency
View media item 70Gingival colors
gingival colours too? I like that.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
anyway, the latest version works off of an iphone.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
What I like about eLab is that they have the porcelain colors actually matched instead of a shade guide, which always seems like a 3rd party.. the a1 vita shade guide isnt the pt. tooth, and isnt the porcelain being used, so why is it being referenced?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Does it depend on the dr taking a decent pic?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Yeah I guess its no different than taking an accurate 3D scan or an accurate impression. If youre doing cosmetic work with bad pictures youve already lost out of the gate.. And no I dont think taking good dental pictures is easy.. Its the system that matters, but you have to be able to replicate an in focus, macro shot thats well lit.. but thats where the polar eyes filter comes in and cuts out all the glare so you truly see the colors, not a shade map.

I have pretty good luck with just good pics from the Dr, or a shade appointment. If a Dr is going to commit to using shade mapping, and willing to pay higher fees (and for the equipment),those Drs generally are good at photography , and the only difference is holding up a grey scale card.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
bad scan
bad impression
bad pics
I get the trifecta

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Yeah I guess its no different than taking an accurate 3D scan or an accurate impression. If youre doing cosmetic work with bad pictures youve already lost out of the gate.. And no I dont think taking good dental pictures is easy.. Its the system that matters, but you have to be able to replicate an in focus, macro shot thats well lit.. but thats where the polar eyes filter comes in and cuts out all the glare so you truly see the colors, not a shade map.

I have pretty good luck with just good pics from the Dr, or a shade appointment. If a Dr is going to commit to using shade mapping, and willing to pay higher fees (and for the equipment),those Drs generally are good at photography , and the only difference is holding up a grey scale card.
Ya , I like testing the color on screen in LAB reference values using the color selection tool on Mac. Let's you know how close you Truly are. Had ClearMatch 14 years ago, never really got used to building to an MRI. Back in the seventies, Stern Gold came out with a Dental Photo-spectometer, drove ceramists Nuts

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
We still have access as well but heard the company isnt gonna allow anymore renewals? Are they done after this yr?
Have a Birthday