• Welcome to Dental Lab Network
    1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shade wave - opinions or experience with

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by kimba, Dec 5, 2017.

1. kimba

kimba Active Member Full Member

I have just had a client ask me if I had heard of a shade taking system called Shadewave.
      It seems from the website to be a bit like dropbox , the clinician uses a regular digital SLR to take an intraoral photo. Send it to this clouyd based website , lab then accesses the account and the site gives shade evaluation on the photos like other shade taking systems.
      Has anyone used it or have any knowledge of the system.
      Thanks in advance for any opinions

2. Polarmolar

Polarmolar Member Full Member

Do they have certain shade guides or perhaps a grey scale card like Elab? Why wouldn’t you just do it yourself V

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. kimba

I dont know much about it Polarmolar. The client is remote and just trying to improve his shadematching on difficult cases. He cannot just send the patient in

4. doug
      Inspired

doug Well-Known Member Full Member

I had the prior version: "Clearmatch" It worked very well except the guy who developed it passed away. Dennis Braunston (Shadewave) was working with him and tried to get access to that software, but some issues got in the way. He came up with Shadewave as an extension of the other with better features. I'd use it if it weren't a pay per use deal. I am generally so dam happy to get a photo to help with the shade that I never charged the docs when I got them. Hard to leap that fence at this point.

5. grantoz
      Amused

grantoz Well-Known Member Full Member

i still use clearmatch i run an old xp computer for it, dennis's version is good but no one wants to pay for its.

• Like Like x 1
    6. kimba

Thanks guys
      this client is an exception who is happy to pay if it gfets a better result , but he is an exception to the rule

7. rgkbmk

rgkbmk Member Full Member

I have had some good results with it. It has a shade reference guide (white,black and grey) with a dentin A2 on it. I have go thtem to allow the use of a second tab to verify shade. They are telling people to use D3 as the second but I recommend using a shade tab in it that is closest to the shade.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. grantoz
      Amused

grantoz Well-Known Member Full Member

also its only as good as the photo thats taken there are a few tricks it will take a bit of practice make sure the dentist doesnt over expose the the shot.