Separate room for 3d printing?

L

lifelikedental

Reaction score
Im thinking about putting all digital stuff in one big room.

Is it ok to be milling and printing at the same time?

Do you need a separate room for 3d printing?

HygienicBee

HygienicBee

Reaction score
I mill and print in the same room, only thing is the printer gets pretty dusty but that shouldn't effect anything.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
You want to situate and design the layout so that any dust not captured by your vac systems does not enter the print vat. Think about the airflow of the room, the position of the heat and A/C registers.

Getting foreign material in the uncured liquid would introduce unknowns. It may do nothing aside from block the light from reaching a spot it is trying to cure for one layer and make that tiny spot weak.
It may also create untraceable print fractures as the dust will always be moving and you can't nail down a drifting variable.

Inclusions of significant enough size will require a reprint, if you see it. If you're doing print to press or print to cast you better hope no granules enter the pattern as they might (if you're lucky) fall out but they will not burn out.

Yeah, these are worst case scenarios, but lab techs seem to get the worst case that "nobody has ever heard of" fairly often.

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score
We mill and print in the same room with 4 mills and 3 printers. No dust build up anywhere in our room. Just make sure you have adequate suction on your mills and you should be fine.

L

Leejh

Reaction score
We mill and print in the same room with 4 mills and 3 printers. No dust build up anywhere in our room. Just make sure you have adequate suction on your mills and you should be fine.

Which mills and printers do you use? I want to get a printer but I'm still not sure which one is good for the future.

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score
We have dental mills from Digital Dental. We have 2 Formlabs and just got an EnvisionTEC Vida cdlm.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Which mills and printers do you use? I want to get a printer but I'm still not sure which one is good for the future.
For the future? We're all trying to figure that out. Don't expext more than 5 years support for any of them. If you get more, great, but expect that or less.;

buy equipment for what it can and will do now, do not rely on what it could do in the future with this or that material or software update.

Top Bottom