Sending files from 3 Shape to Argen

Saluki

Saluki

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to set up a short cut to submit multiple files to Argen for alloy copings. It just seems that they have way to many steps to get the order in. Even with their own tech assistance on web viewer helping. I can't imagine a large lab having to go through all this to send multiple files. Any ideas appreciated.
Thanks

A

AaronR

Reaction score
Good morning Saluki! My name is Aaron and I work for Captek by Argen. I just came across this post and I am currently checking into your inquiry with my colleagues at Argen Digital. Will be in touch with you as soon as possible and sincerely thank you for your continued support!!!

Adigitalsmile

Adigitalsmile

Reaction score
I too would be interested if you find a simple solution. Its been a pain having to go to the portal to upload multiple files as well.

A

AaronR

Reaction score
For dental labs who are uploading multiple files thru Argen Digital website, there are two steps that will make the upload faster:

1) Follow our recommended naming convention for the files; labname_materialcodetype_casename.stl. When the files are named following these naming conventions and the material type codes are used, the fields will auto-populate on our digital website to their specified materail type and number of units. We are currently working on the naming conventions for our DPM products

2) When browsing for files to upload, highlight multiple files at once; enabling a one time load time. This can be done by holding CTRL and clicking on the specific files to be uploaded or holding SHIFT and clicking from the top and bottom to select multiple files.

i tried inserting an image of our SLM settings and parameters document, but was not successful. when i click insert image, it is asking for a Url but the image is on my computer, no Url.

if anyone would like our SLM settings and parameters document or has any questions, please email me at [email protected] i'll be happy to share it with you and assist! also, we are currently working on finalizing our DPM settings and parameters document and will be completed very soon.

REJ

REJ

Reaction score
We do the recommended naming and send lots of files there everyday, renaming makes it much quicker.

A

AaronR

Reaction score
Argen SLM parameters and settings document

Argen SLM settings parameters.jpg

here is our SLM parameters and settings document. Gives the naming conventions along with the material type codes for our current SLM digital offerings.

We are finalizing our DPM parameters and settings document now and anticipate to have this finished in the very near future which i will post to this thread as well.
Argen SLM settings parameters.jpg

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
We've sent about 500 copings to date...

Just name the file correctly after your design. The website, while annoyingly repetitive, does a good job.

Also, I just make a daily dump folder where I'll dump the days designs - but it also is a way to keep organized (CAD WAX, noble coping, NP frameworks) - it's great.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Does argen offer captek copings from digital files?
Edit: i know that is a dumb question, and after looking at the site i see its only 2 alloys. But what is the possibility of this elsewhere or in the future..

Last edited:
erics24k

erics24k

Reaction score
Affinity.... My name is Eric Sirkin of the Argen Corporation.
We actually do have a good vaiety of alloys to choose from. In the past there were only two. however we have evolved tremendously. If you provide me with your email I can send you a list of the alloys we offer though Argen Digital. My email is also listed at the bottom of this response.

To answer your first question.... You can rest assured that we have more to come in the very near future. Including Digital Captek!!

All the best,
Eric
[email protected]

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Thats great, I have used Argen alloys almost exclusively for about 7 years now.. I will definitely give this a try in the future

erics24k

erics24k

Reaction score
Happy to help. Thank you for your continued support and
Happy Holidays EVERYONE!

A

AaronR

Reaction score
Affinity, we are now offering Digital Captek copings and I would love to speak to you in more detail about this great offering & service!!!

T

ToofGoof

Reaction score
Howdy. I am a relatively new digital lab. I have been outsourcing milling to another lab and wanted to try Argen. I can't for the life of me figure out how or why Argen won't accept a .stl file.

I was wondering if there is a work around for this or if argen has a conversion tool? I believe Argen wants me to make it into a 3shape file. If thats the case I am pretty sure I just can't use Argen's services if I only have .stl files?

Cheers and thank you

M

mmbh

Reaction score
Howdy. I am a relatively new digital lab. I have been outsourcing milling to another lab and wanted to try Argen. I can't for the life of me figure out how or why Argen won't accept a .stl file.

I was wondering if there is a work around for this or if argen has a conversion tool? I believe Argen wants me to make it into a 3shape file. If thats the case I am pretty sure I just can't use Argen's services if I only have .stl files?

Cheers and thank you
put it in a zip file and upload the zip folder

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
Call their tech line and have them walk you through it with Team Viewer.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
The magic words, phone prompt is, "are you trying to upload a digital file"...they're really good about answering and taking care of that.