Selling Tooth Libraries

ToofMaker

ToofMaker

Reaction score
Hello, I'm a hoarder. I've saved a lot of scans from cases over the years and am slowly turning them into libraries for exocad and 3shape for purchase. My questions are these:

1. Is it worth doing? Would enough people be interested in purchasing to actually make it worth the time spent:?
2. What's a fair price?
3. Where would I market the libraries for sale?

Preview.png Sup preview.png

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Maybe, but i doubt people will pay a premium.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Maybe, but i doubt people will pay a premium.
I guess it comes down to the price... and if the libraries are usable.

PS. I am totally hooked on Matt Roberts library. And I have been criticizing him in the past for making all his restorations look the same... :eek:

Cdtflb

Cdtflb

Reaction score
I love the first library, those anteriors look so nice to work with! I like Matt Roberts library as well, the anteriors aren't that great but for whatever reason I think that that library just fits and is the easiest to manipulate

J

J Taylor

Reaction score
Would $30 for a a full upper and lower set be a reasonable cost? I could sweeten the deal by offering something like a free revision or customization of the library to match the buyers needs. I have about 10 libraries in progress, slow progress

ToofMaker

ToofMaker

Reaction score
Would $30 for a a full upper and lower set be a reasonable cost? I could sweeten the deal by offering something like a free revision or customization of the library to match the buyers needs. I have about 10 libraries in progress, slow progress. I also would like to offer a service where Ill convert any waxups someone is proud of into a personal library for them to be able to reuse the anatomy on future cases 123123123.png

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
I would say 30 is probably low, especially with a free revision. That said, I would definitely expect there is a market for this, but it could be tricky to find. For those doing majority single units and small bridges finding one library that can easily be fit and manipulated to most situations is preferable. I would see the market for this with people doing a lot of full arch restorations who want some better options

F

Foggy_in_RI

Reaction score
So what is to stop someone from sharing the library or posting it available for free?
I'm really asking- I don't know the software that well.

That's what I would worry about.

ToofMaker

ToofMaker

Reaction score
I would say 30 is probably low, especially with a free revision. That said, I would definitely expect there is a market for this, but it could be tricky to find. For those doing majority single units and small bridges finding one library that can easily be fit and manipulated to most situations is preferable. I would see the market for this with people doing a lot of full arch restorations who want some better options
I completely agree, I've seen a number of labs exclusively using culp young. While I appreciate the library and its ease of use, it looks nice enough digitally, I just don't think it mills that well, it has always felt to me the primary anatomy gets lost in translation but maybe that's just my experience. 30 might be on the lower end but as an unheard of technician I don't think I have much leverage for charging much more until something solid is established. It's such a niche part of an already niche industry.

Having the extra couple libraries at my disposal has helped me take my average design time from 6 mins to 4. Over the course of a week of designing that time adds up pretty efficiently. On a larger scale, I'm hoping to show that a 80% already done base anatomy can prove its worth

ToofMaker

ToofMaker

Reaction score
So what is to stop someone from sharing the library or posting it available for free?
I'm really asking- I don't know the software that well.

That's what I would worry about.
As far as I understand pretty much nothing I could do to prevent this, and that's one of my bigger concerns into actually dedicating to it. The only thing I can offer is follow up support for customizing the libraries to meet the buyers needs

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
I also like the libraries you've created, and 30 is very reasonable.