SELF FACEPALM!

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
I thought that this would be a good release and funny thread. It's easy to point out others mistakes but we are only human. Everyone messes up and I do it daily. Wonder who has the shame to post up pics and cases of our own facepalm jobs for the rest of the community to laugh at!

I would start but I don't have anything worth posting in the lab at the moment but when I do. I'll be sure to share it with all of you for you to laugh at.

But here is something that will make you laugh. I had this business name registered since 2003 and have changed it only recently. I always wondered how I stayed in business trading with this name for 14 years.
46aa57e641606f6cc26d0cbe7b157230.jpg

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure that there's anything that I haven't botched in the last 35 years.
Unfortunately I've never bothered to document my many mistakes with photos. I just redo them and move on.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I quit PFMs about 2 years ago, but a Dr insists we do a bridge with it to match the other side of her mouth. He sent along her old bridge to match; pretty solid A-1. I did it...too gray. made some changes, but still too gray. Banghead

Ill be stripping the porc off today so I can lay down some better looking opaque. Hopefully Ill get it done tomorrow so my weekend isn't shot.:(

Im re-milling a crown right now...margins are short in a couple spots and it has to be out in the morning.

I left the house with dirty dishes in the sink.

Trucks dirty.

*coffee*....ahhh. Breath. :)

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
I quit PFMs about 2 years ago, but a Dr insists we do a bridge with it to match the other side of her mouth. He sent along her old bridge to match; pretty solid A-1. I did it...too gray. made some changes, but still too gray. Banghead

Ill be stripping the porc off today so I can lay down some better looking opaque. Hopefully Ill get it done tomorrow so my weekend isn't shot.:(

Im re-milling a crown right now...margins are short in a couple spots and it has to be out in the morning.

Trucks dirty.

When it rains, it pours. I feel for you

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
It's hard to beat marbleizing an emax anterior while the patient is in the chair.

Oh no! What did you say? It reminds me. I had a final glaze on an EMAX recently. Put it on the vmk glaze cycle....
b64b2d25a8ace0f78c7fc0c8125cf713.jpg

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I only use emax ceram now. I loved CZR but my eff ups were killing me.:(

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i dont make nice designs. i make quick designs.

my co workers used to say of me "you are fast like fos" (fos is a hungarian word for diarrhea)

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Oh no! What did you say? It reminds me. I had a final glaze on an EMAX recently. Put it on the vmk glaze cycle....
b64b2d25a8ace0f78c7fc0c8125cf713.jpg

Been there, done that...Calvin :)

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
Dropped the last zirconia crown, in the green state, of that day about 3 times just before leaving; it cracked every time.

Had been at the lab for 12+ hours so it seemed like the end of the world :arghh:

And yeah... multiple melted emax crowns the day patient had appointment :oops:

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
My account does a lot of emax, so when he sent 2 pfms on the same case and had one descriptive word on the script
"fused" I thought, yep, porc fused to metal..ok. The tooth numbers were circled individually on the script, so I just didn't click.

I got the case back asking me to splint the crowns together. Even the front desk girl was kind enough to say the lab script
was pretty vague. Still, when I get into a rut of production, I kinda breeze over taking a second thought on some of these things.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Dropped the last zirconia crown, in the green state, of that day about 3 times just before leaving; it cracked every time.

Had been at the lab for 12+ hours so it seemed like the end of the world :arghh:

And yeah... multiple melted emax crowns the day patient had appointment :oops:

I found out last week that zirconia coming out of the furnace and me dropping it on the floor, burns through
carpet just as efficiently as hot pfms.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I found out last week that zirconia coming out of the furnace and me dropping it on the floor, burns through
carpet just as efficiently as hot pfms.
Thanks for doing that experiment, I was wondering about that.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score

Trucks dirty.

Here's one I that had me pounding my head wondering WTH this week.A zirc and a pfm / metal collar.
Preps sticking out, facials .5mm .
IMG_0369.PNG