Second milling machine for zirconium and wax coping

J

jy147147

Reaction score
Hey guys

I am thinking about getting second milling machine for zirconium and wax coping for small lab

I have Roland DWX-50 and I am very happy about result but recently It broke down and have to send it for service.

I have to wait for couple weeks to get loner unfortunately

So I thought it will be very pleasant if I have second milling machine for backup and help to increase production

Can you guys recommend economical and reliable milling machine ?

thanks

T

Torquadon

Reaction score
If you are very happy with results you got on DWX-50, why don't you have a look at Rolland DWX-51?
Another options I know:

Yenadent D14 or D15:
http://www.yenadent.com/MACHINES/

Roboice:
http://www.roboice.com/1580,makinalar

We have 2 yenadent machines, one is D15 and we are very happy with it. It is from Turkey, great value for your money, also gives you more material choices. It is more expensive than Rolland but offers so much more.

As for Roboice it is another company from Turkey, they used to work for Yendent so it should be similar experience.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I will sell you my ceramill cheap, great for backup. I use it for every unit, works like a charm.

alfredmorad@gmail.com

[email protected]

Reaction score
Hey guys

I am thinking about getting second milling machine for zirconium and wax coping for small lab

I have Roland DWX-50 and I am very happy about result but recently It broke down and have to send it for service.

So I thought it will be very pleasant if I have second milling machine for backup and help to increase production

thanks
Hi jy147147
My name is Al Morad I am the sales manager for Axsys Dental Solutions, we have a great deal on our Versamill 5XS. Feel free to call me at 248-926-8810 for more information. Also, vivit our website at www.axsysdental.com
Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you. No pressure!

Attachments

• 5xslab day.pdf
    268 KB · Views: 30
alfredmorad@gmail.com

[email protected]

Reaction score
Hey guys

thanks
Check out this thread, you may find it helpful
http://dentallabnetwork.com/forums/...st-mill-cam-software-setup.24390/#post-237026

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
If you are not really needing the fifth axis . The vhf x4 is built like a little tank ,I see them coming up for sale for great prices . My Wieland zenotec mini (vhf re- skinned with different software) has never given me a days problem . (I'm touching wood as I type :) )

doug

doug

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to get a second VHF mill end of last year(thanks, Mike) and it has been a real bonus to be able to have options

J

jy147147

Reaction score
thanks guys

I could go with Roland but I thought I could try other milling machine.

I might try VHF, I heard they are good

thanks again guys

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
A second mill is a great thing to have if you can afford it. But also keep in mind your blanks. You have a dwx-50 on sum 3d I assume. If you get a vhf and use the vhf cam you can't use those blanks to cam in so then they all have to be retro fitted for camming or start new blanks. Unless you buy the post processor for the vhf on sum3d. Then your blanks stay in one software and you can run either mill. But blanks in sum3d Cant go into vhf cam software. I have a 4k vhf s1 vhf and our new mini just arrived. Also have a hybrid select with disk changer for wet. Once all set up I will be running all the mills of the wieland cam to keep all the blanks into one software making it easier to mil across all the mills.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
J

jy147147

Reaction score
A second mill us a great thing to have if you can afford it. But also keep in mind you blanks. You have a dwx-50 on sum 3d I assume. If you get a vhf and use the vhf cam you can't use those blanks to cam in so then they all have to be retro fitted for camping and start new blanks. Unless you buy the post processor for the vhf on sum3d. Then your blanks stay in one software and you can run either mill. But blanks in sum3d Cant go into vhf cam software. I have a 4k vhf s1 vhf and our new mini just arrived. Also have a hybrid select with disk changer for wet. Once all set up I will be running all the mills of the wieland cam to keep all the blanks into one software making it easier to mil across all the mills.

thanks man, you have good point

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
thanks man, you have good point
Plus the vhf cam is so basic and simple to use, they didn't make the strategies very well. It takes two passes on the 2mm and a lot of nonsense on the 1mm and the .6 and .3 go around the sprue area which it really doesnt need to. 25 to 27 minutes on a molar. But with the sum3d 13 to 15 minutes. Wieland cam cut two molars in 34 minutes on my s1, where the vhf cam would of taken about 50 minutes.

They are built way better then your dwx50 but the Cam is their Achilles heel, the Cam produces excellent results but in a time consuming manner with their basic cam, a lot of people use hyperdent and or sum3d to run those mills.

Plus the newest 4axis no longer has the touch of plate, it now is like the s1, s2 and k5 it has a touch off button so you can now run any diamond tool you like with out the worry of crashing the tool cause conductivity was week.

I love our vhf mills and soon running off the wieland cam they will be even faster making them even better.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Same here.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I have to look into it, might as well start a thread to hear ppl's opinions about various brands...Hmmmm2

It would help to update info from previous older threads.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Amanns new oven has a drying mode, glaze mode, and 2 hr cycle...

D

dentcre

Reaction score
get the mini ! mills smooth, oh
... and it never breaks down.