Screw retained

A2WILLDO

A2WILLDO

Reaction score
good idea.
soft putty?
Peg putty sticks to the abutment, but does work as well and steams off pretty easy. I use the Thermoz soft sagger tray liner balled up or folded almost like a cotton ball.

Attachments

• 20221115_103547.jpg
    20221115_103547.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 7
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Peg putty sticks to the abutment, but does work as well and steams off pretty easy. I use the Thermoz soft sagger tray liner balled up or folded almost like a cotton ball.
Thermoz, I haven't heard that one for a while, but 16-year tech would know about that one ;) :) It's almost like Angel hair and Kayoliner.

A2WILLDO

A2WILLDO

Reaction score
First thing I thought of, too, as we're so used to that these days. A2's follow-up image and post were helpful.
Thank you! It's not a process that I'm proud to be good at, but most know distal contacts are good 60% of the time, every time. Hmmmm2

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Peg putty sticks to the abutment, but does work as well and steams off pretty easy. I use the Thermoz soft sagger tray liner balled up or folded almost like a cotton ball

Thank you! It's not a process that I'm proud to be good at, but most know distal contacts are good 60% of the time, every time. Hmmmm2
Doesn't the cement smell when it starts drying out? I put my abutments in the burnout oven, same temp but there is an exhaust above it to suck out the smell.

A2WILLDO

A2WILLDO

Reaction score
Doesn't the cement smell when it starts drying out? I put my abutments in the burnout oven, same temp but there is an exhaust above it to suck out the smell.
The Unicem 2 that I used to use did have a slightly toxic smell, but it was stronger if I left them up for too long. I use Speedcem Plus now and I rarely smell anything, but will start to smell a little if they've been up to long. I think there is just a fine line between drying it out enough and burning it. Just like over cooking a frozen pizza; you catch a whiff from the other side of the house and start speed walking to the kitchen, hoping its still edible, but you know its already burnt.

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
Trick. If you anodize your tibases before bonding the zirconia restorations, and in the event you need to separate them, you will not get the oxidation layer on the tibase.

A2WILLDO

A2WILLDO

Reaction score
Trick. If you anodize your tibases before bonding the zirconia restorations, and in the event you need to separate them, you will not get the oxidation layer on the tibase.
True, not as a dark gray on the emergence and post. But gold can still turn funky pinkish and the abutment interface and screw channel/seat are left to oxidize.