Screw-Retained Question

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
Just diving into this case. Doc wants a screw retained on #9. The trajectory of the implant is shooting out quite far to the facial, as you can see in the screenshot. Is there any way to make this work? I'm new to screw-retained crowns, so any help would be much appreciated.

1535058187153.png

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
you can try angled, but depending upon the system, even that might be a stretch. otherwise im sure panthera has options, those guys have options for everything lol

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
As Bob said, some implants, Astra and Straumann, have Angled Screw Channel abutments that can help on cases like this. They will also need a special driver to torque these type of abutments. I have never done one because doctors would rather just go with cement retained over buying a special driver. I have done thousands of screw retained crowns on my 3Shape, if you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

A

a3dl

Reaction score
Angled Screw channel. up to 20 deg in exocad. works great.. We just bought the drivers and we lend them to dr. Amazing how we can do more screw retained in anterior these days.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I love the Straumann ASC. Drivers were free from the rep. Nice

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Read my Panthera driver thread 15B3E2A5-E20D-459A-BF54-54E9FBECF62E.jpeg

2F4EA954-DB01-4876-961D-617CA8DBDA1B.jpeg

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Dess & dynamic abutment solution all have angled ti bases, tru abutment can make you a cust ti abutment with an angled screw channel also Pantera. Straumann hasnt releasing it in the staes as of yet. But on a non angled ti base max 5 degrees on stock driver depending on system. ASC Ti bases can go max 25 to 30 degrees.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Also, these are panthera drivers used... see my panthera driver thread
Also, Straumann has released it in the States.. you just are limited to the Straumann scanner

Last edited:
Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Also, these are panthera drivers used... see my panthera driver thread
Also, Straumann has released it in the States.. you just are limited to the Straumann scanner

Yes only for Cares right now, but this is a 3shape related thread so............

KTR

KTR

Reaction score
Dess-USA has ti-base and tool to do up to 25 degrees with no problem.