screw retained hybrid

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
In order to get a bite rim that is close, you can do a palatal matrix off of the initial model and the opposing. Although not precise, it should give you a bite rim that reassembles the situation pretty well.
As a way to lessen the amount of ****yfooting, that's a great suggestion.
It won't be dead on, but it'll get you close enough to have a prayer with boy genius ( not meaning to stereotype said dr).

It's s good place to start, assuming the jig fits

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
As a way to lessen the amount of ****yfooting, that's a great suggestion.
It won't be dead on, but it'll get you close enough to have a prayer with boy genius ( not meaning to stereotype said dr).

It's s good place to start, assuming the jig fits
making a jig this upcoming week and already made a bite rim for the dr. then we shall proceed.

J

Jack

Reaction score
a bit baffled. Dr wants a "frame tryin" of a 12 unit bridge (premolar to premolar) over 4 zimmer abuts. o_O
i dont even have a bite yet.

am i missing something? this is a fairly new client, so maybe he was used to doing things differently elsewhere... View attachment 26595

Contact his office, ask for the patient's tel number. Let him bring in his existing denture, the one he is wearing now.
Fit it on the model, articulate. Do normal setup with temp ti abutments ( maybe copy the denture as much as patient would like as well as mould and shade) and make a verification jig.
Be at the dentists office for try-in. Check occlusion, take bite on top of teeth if needed.
Check verification jig, do what needs to be done if anything at all.
Voila! you have a new follower.
Saved a bite appointment $$$.
Probably saved a bite change appointment $$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Contact his office, ask for the patient's tel number. Let him bring in his existing denture, the one he is wearing now.
Fit it on the model, articulate. Do normal setup with temp ti abutments ( maybe copy the denture as much as patient would like as well as mould and shade) and make a verification jig.
Be at the dentists office for try-in. Check occlusion, take bite on top of teeth if needed.
Check verification jig, do what needs to be done if anything at all.
Voila! you have a new follower.
Saved a bite appointment $$$.
Probably saved a bite change appointment $$$

I don't think the patient has one right now. lol

J

Jack

Reaction score
I don't think the patient has one right now. lol

There is a good chance that he does have one albeit not retained by the implants but an immediate denture. Give them a call and make sure. You sound like my receptionis " I don't think...." Girl, just phone and find out, you're not paid to think, you're paid to find out and be sure. lol

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
There is a good chance that he does have one albeit not retained by the implants but an immediate denture. Give them a call and make sure. You sound like my receptionis " I don't think...." Girl, just phone and find out, you're not paid to think, you're paid to find out and be sure. lol

glad i sound like your receptionist.
ive already spoken with the Dr

J

Jack

Reaction score
glad i sound like your receptionist.
ive already spoken with the Dr

No way you don't. If she told me she doesn't think he has a denture and then she tells me she already spoke to the dentist and the patient doesn't have a denture, she would not have been my receptionist anymore. I don't like to employ people that don't know that they know. In other words she only has two problems, she can't do the job because she's an idiot or she can't because she won't do a proper job

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
No way you don't. If she told me she doesn't think he has a denture and then she tells me she already spoke to the dentist and the patient doesn't have a denture, she would not have been my receptionist anymore. I don't like to employ people that don't know that they know. In other words she only has two problems, she can't do the job because she's an idiot or she can't because she won't do a proper job

Not liking to employ "idiots", as you've so eloquently put it, must make OJT a non starter for you.

And if you can't suffer fools, I don't know how you manage ANY communications with clinical staff.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
so for those offering input....we are doing a titanium frame for 12unit zirconia bridge....how do i make the flange area in acrylic and get it to stay in place? this will be a new one for me and i am a bit lost. (or light cured flange/tissue area)

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
so for those offering input....we are doing a titanium frame for 12unit zirconia bridge....how do i make the flange area in acrylic and get it to stay in place? this will be a new one for me and i am a bit lost. (or light cured flange/tissue area)
Milled frame with crowns luted/bonded? I'd guess LC composite like gradia.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Milled frame with crowns luted/bonded? I'd guess LC composite like gradia.
ive never used it before. this would be a first. anything you can share about it? some are saying to go LC, some are saying acrylic. I don't know which would be better and how to attempt to stick the two together lol

and yes, milled Ti frame. bridge cemented over it.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
ive never used it before. this would be a first. anything you can share about it? some are saying to go LC, some are saying acrylic. I don't know which would be better and how to attempt to stick the two together lol

and yes, milled Ti frame. bridge cemented over it.
You can hand contour GC. My feeling is that gives you more flexibility for fit/finish.
I think if you mill for a uniform veneer and opaque, it should be fairly easy. You may need to be able to reduce from full contour.
GC could tell you how to treat the frame.
I've never tried this, but knowing you have the issue of gingival transition I'd rather not attempt a flask.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
You can hand contour GC. My feeling is that gives you more flexibility for fit/finish.
I think if you mill for a uniform veneer and opaque, it should be fairly easy. You may need to be able to reduce from full contour.
GC could tell you how to treat the frame.
I've never tried this, but knowing you have the issue of gingival transition I'd rather not attempt a flask.
ok cool, thanks that helps. guess ill be on the phone later this week!
im documenting pics, so I can share with all when its done

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
ok cool, thanks that helps. guess ill be on the phone later this week!
im documenting pics, so I can share with all when its done
I just think lost wax will leave too many finish interfaces ( at least from what I see in terms of how these get done). The GC is pretty user friendly, and looks like it touches up well.
I've done occlusion on RPD inlay cases in both lost wax/PMMA and flowable composite.
I really preferred the composite for ease and outcome.

Top Bottom