Screw Retained Benefits

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
What alloy and abutments are you using andrew?

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I do an average of 5 a day
money
cast on Thursday, fished out my Friday
IMG_0295.jpg

mostly Straumann and Nobel, but seeing a rise in Zimmer, Bio3i, and Astra EV
these are by far our best Doctors that go PFM as their preference for implant work
Nice work, could explain further your steps and procedure? Thanks

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
What alloy and abutments are you using andrew?
we usually use like-on-like with few exceptions

79, 52, and Y86
Yellow high noble, high noble, noble.. Dr preference

Last edited:
Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Nice work, could explain further your steps and procedure? Thanks

I haven't changed much from what I do here http://dentallabnetwork.com/forums/threads/uclas-tips-n-tricks.22117/
I do use nt-trading setup for screw retained waxup in 3shape for bridges http://dentallabnetwork.com/forums/threads/ucla-and-3shape.24815/#post-232837

i'm also using harvest dental light cure for bulk buildup.. then wax over that.. works very well

the most important part is sculpting the tissue before starting

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Nice work Andrew, do you not do Zirconia? Its superior in so many ways and puts way more cash in your pocket rather than the expensive UCLA implant peeps

L

labtek

Reaction score
Nice work Andrew, do you not do Zirconia? Its superior in so many ways and puts way more cash in your pocket rather than the expensive UCLA implant peeps

Can you post some pictures of your zirconia implants John and the workflow? I recall seeing some of your implant model work in past threads and they were quite impressive. Please share again if possible. thank you

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Single unit Mono-Zi screw retained crowns on mfg specific parts in my opinion are the most bullet proof least amount of labor restoration still commanding a premium compensation.

At least in my lab they are #1 not judging others workflow and Andrews work looks spectacular with GREAT metal support.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
thanks John, yes we also do a ton of full and layered.. the cast-to are only a portion of what we do.. I would say we now do about 1/3 of UCLA/ other screw ret/ custom abutments..
1200 units over the last 6 month is where we are at.. last I heard, not counting the full reconstructions

I believe our full zir screw retained is also our best money maker.. less time and material cost
all I currently do are the UCLA's (95%) and custom abutments (90%)

I stay pretty bussy

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
This is in the FWIW department.
There are many times when the proximal surfaces do not allow for adjustment more than
enameloplasty or will end up with sensitivity from tilted molars, etc. Then the implant was not
placed ideally. Now, you try to correct and use a screw-retained crown - may end up needing
more time to seat, but not impossible.
If you were to cement without conversion to a screw-retained option (hole in the crown) - this would
make things eaiser. However, you may run into problem if you choose a 'screw-mented' option,
trying that in without a Fit-checker or something to hold the crown to the abutment while you
insert and adjust the prox contacts, etc.
You may have to torque the abutment down first, adjust and then after you cement, the crown
did not seat fully, now you just lost the contact and you have to try and debond to add proximal
contact, arrghh!
If it was a one piece, screw-retained, alot easier to adj prox contacts.

Major disadvantage of one piece screw-retained, which is still my number 1 choice, is the cost
of alloys (I still like PFM metal occlusal and uses HN alloy routinely),and the ability of your lab
guy being able to cast a large coping/frame predictably, esp. when fabricating a FDP situation
(Fixed Dental Prosthesis).
And difficulty having screw-retained option in the anterior when the implant manufacturer has
limited prosthetic options and third parties do not have solutions like the Dynamic, or Nobel ASC.
LCM

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Is there a certain crown height to Ti base height ratio that must be followed? I ran this design through real quick to see where exactly the access holes will be so no need for design suggestions as I'll be reworking. But they seem pretty dang top heavy. What do you ll think?

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
pic?

Last edited:
Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
figure half the distance should be Ti.. best bet IMO.. switch to a custom, of some companies like Tru and Straumann carry a taller base.. otherwise you will see the case back in under a year ( as we have been with Straumann 3.5's)

Last edited:
Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
a titanium crown over a modified snappy.. case was a pita
but Axis milling did a nice job on it...

milled it twice in acrylic to get the fit dialed in.. then sent it to Axis

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

just thought i'd throw it in

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Has anyone else tried Atlantis' Custom Base solution yet? I was put in their Alpha program a year ago for it. They just release it in Chicago to everyone. I have had nothing but success with this solution. This abutment is cheaper than their normal custom abutment and it comes with a core file that indicates exactly where to put the screw hole in the restoration when you are designing.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
a titanium crown over a modified snappy.. case was a pita
but Axis milling did a nice job on it...

milled it twice in acrylic to get the fit dialed in.. then sent it to Axis

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

just thought i'd throw it in

This is a Straumann tissue level solid abutment not a snappy :)

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
This is a Straumann tissue level solid abutment not a snappy :)
I hate when they adjust those in the mouth, although it's not too big a deal if they then use the correct impression technique and you use the analog made for them.
.....but they usually don't.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
I hate when they adjust those in the mouth, although it's not too big a deal if they then use the correct impression technique and you use the analog made for them.
.....but they usually don't.
yea, I had to make a reduction coping to reduce the analog.. would have been much easier with just a stone model
but, it turned out