screw holes on implant bar.......

D

Davesgone

Reaction score
New question on implant bar....... How do I keep the acrylic out of the holes where the screws go on a implant bar when I process it? Thanks, Todd:confused:

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
putty.......use GC's putty, it's much nicer than Ivoclar's sil-tech

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
New question on implant bar....... How do I keep the acrylic out of the holes where the screws go on a implant bar when I process it? Thanks, Todd:confused:

We do a lot of FMR's and this has always been a fun part . I can remember the first dozen or so where I was cheap and tried to use putty and lab screws. My god there was always one or two that would get buried and the fun we had digging them out. Now I have a large assortment of guide screws that I have modified over the years.

Depending on the divergence of the fixtures this will determine what you need to use to keep acrylic off the screw. We never ever process Fixed Hybrids on the master model. After we get out wax up perfect we remove from the model, screw analogs on it using long guide screws that extend through the top of the teeth, We invest with putty over the top of the guide screws.

Where it gets tricky is if your fixtures are widely divergent from one another then you have to cut you guide screw to the exact height of the tooth and put a slot in it to remove it after processing. What complicates it more is getting the teeth to draw off of the guide screw on these divergent cases. Lots of time we have to over prep the denture tooth to accommodate for draw.

A real important tip is to make sure your guide screws are perfectly smooth or they have a tendency to be real difficult to unscrew. Having your analog open allows you to unscrew it if it gets stuck. we then use our laser welder on low setting to heat the screw which will make the acrylic slightly shrink back from the screw. Yeah I know this one tip is worth its weight in gold ENJOY :)

I have a real fun case right now that I will snap some picks of that will blow your mind on what the Dr was smoking when they placed these fixtures. 60k FMR case and the fixtures look like they were thrown in from across the room .

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Last edited:
D

Davesgone

Reaction score
Thanks guys............case went well. I put lab putty in the screw holes and topped it with a small amount of plaster. Cleaned up real easy after finishing and polishing case.

Thanks again........... T.

Top Bottom