scrap refining

A

ALPHA

Reaction score
Contacted Scientific sunday to pickup afew 2pounds container of scraps from mis-cast and dust..
Will report on how it went.....

Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
I was about to send jenson my scrap and buttons but they want a min of 3oz. I dont have nearly that much. That seems excessive.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Travis..read my post on the previous page. Use Bonner.

Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have a website or phone number I can use?

Darren S

Darren S

Reaction score
Will reiterate, Bonner has always done well for us and our needs.

A

ALPHA

Reaction score
Scientific E-mail me a Fedex lable for today pickup....Will see what their report say what i have in those 2 bottles.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Any of you ever heard of or dealt with Precious Metal Refinning Services out of Barrington IL.?
I've had a guy calling pretty regular promising me a true return. I've used aurident and Bonner over the years. The first time I used Bonner the return was well above what I expected but the last time I used Bonner it just seemed short but of course it's really hard to know for sure. I'm always hesitant like sticking my neck and not knowing where the axe is. It's really a trust thing which is why I've used aurident since I use some of their alloys figured as a customer they wouldn't want to take a chance on upsetting me. Who really knows. I may just send to Bonner again. Sounds like many have been happy with them. I have had a box ready for a week and am not confident where to send it. What a delhema.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Not to beat a dead horse, APMR Inc, in PA. Just had another settlement this week. And never had doubts in
12-15 years!

B

bullit

Reaction score
Remember your chair also. Replaced my chair awhile back-cut the old one up-sent it in for scrap-got a bundle!!!!! (I always grind with suction too)

J

Jargando

Reaction score
Anyone that would like information on this scrap lot with pictures and weights and amount of return.......feel free to contact Atlantic........This client was not ripped off.

J

Jargando

Reaction score
PMRS Barrington....filthy liars. scum of the business

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
I have been using Jensen as well for a few years now. All is well, very fair and consistent.

actittle

actittle

Señor Member
Reaction score
We sent ours to Ivoclar a few years ago and got paid what we were expecting. I think the assay fee was pretty cheap too, somewhere around $100 iirc.

Nowakdental

Nowakdental

Reaction score
Heraeus Scrap all the way. You will not find a higher return then them. Ask your current refiner to see there operation and watch them squirm. Most of these smaller companies just use the larger refiners so they are paying less money to you the lab.

jackjabbour

jackjabbour

Reaction score
Switch every year! Your first claim is always honest and after they earn your business that's when you start getting raped. Haha.

Tom Mappin

Tom Mappin

Reaction score
Switch every year! Your first claim is always honest and after they earn your business that's when you start getting raped. Haha.

This is the exact reason that Atlantic Precious Metal Refining came into existence. My brothers Don & Scott and I grew up in our father's lab, Mappin Laboratories, New Kensingtpn, PA. The three of us used to assist in collecting and shipping Dad's scrap to the refiners. Before Dad closed his lab back in the 80's Don left to fill the gap in honest service between refiner and lab that we all recognized. The behavior you describe is just what Don set out to change about this industry.

Check us out. Visit our website and take a look around. Nobody in the industry is as transparent and methodical as we are. See for yourself. We do things the same way, every time. We are the difference in the industry.

And now there's more from Atlantic that can help dental labs, dentists, and patients. I've seen many posts on this forum about the problems with very hard restorations such as the milled CZ. We have a solution that is reliable, proven, and acceptable to insurance companies as well.....

Visit our website and ask us about it.

adl.dropboxusercontent.com_u_3358180_Refinery_Flat.jpg
adl.dropboxusercontent.com_u_3358180_Refinery_Flat.jpg

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Are you guys sending in floor sweeps? Boss said if I wanted to keep up with it, I could send it in myself. Dumping the dustpan into a bego stone bucket (love those containers!).

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I used Scientific after first sending my metal to Star Refining. Star told me that it was probably worth less than $500 and with assay fees it would well below $300. Scientific Metals paid over $1800 for the same jar of scrap. I will use them from now on.

ive tried many listed above, Scientific Metals the best hands down.