Scanning impressions and printing models

kimba

kimba

Reaction score
Hi all,
is anyone scanning impressions and printing models?
I am just wondering how effective / time saving it is . Am thinking about using it for crown and bridge models with removable dies.
If you are doing it what scanner are you using. Was looking at the E3

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I do it, but in very skinny deep preps you need to pour a single die because the scanner won't pick it up.

A

adl

Reaction score
I do it too , I have a D1000 scanner. For me it’s all about the work flow. I do some model less work as well and it works great. You have to have accurate impressions though. Do your doctors pack cord? It makes things a lot easier.

kimba

kimba

Reaction score
Thanks for that.
Like most I get impressions ranging from excellent to ???
I am just trying to see if workflow can be improved

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that.
Like most I get impressions ranging from excellent to ???
I am just trying to see if workflow can be improved
It works but I've found getting the Docs to get a IOS is soooo much better of a workflow than scanning impressions. So much so, I haven't accepted any new clients in a year now unless they do have an IOS. It's the first question I ask, what kind of scanner you have Doc? No scanner, no bueno!!!

Z

ztech

Reaction score
Accuracy is also compromised when scanning impressions and printing models. Impression materials have a know contraction of about .20%. Type V die stone was created to compensate for this. In digital model, you can't do this. Does this small percentage matter, I think it does so I have spent the extra money for 30+ years buying the higher expansion type V die stone.

O

oscar102624

Reaction score
@kimba Scan impression then pour a solid model to verify margins and contact. Send me a message if you will like more details

Top Bottom