Scanning impression

tehnik

tehnik

Ratings
16 2
Hi!

I am tryink to make richmond crown in exocad and I am scanning Impression for that. As I also have stone model for it I want to combine impression and model. I know how to do it, but as the model cannot be fully scanned due to deep hole for the crown, the final data is incomplete... the hole is not there. It shows just as much the scanner was able to scan the stone model. My question is - is it possible to somehow get the impression inner side and stone model prepared margin line combined?

S

sirmorty

Ratings
112 4
I think you just want to click on the Expert then the Tools and import the mesh of the Scanned die.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Ratings
7,132 111
I don't do posts, but try scanning the impression. Use edit tool in exocad to invert the mesh and then merge to the die scan. Save as STL and import that into the scene as extra die scan.

tehnik

tehnik

Ratings
16 2
I dont have to invert impression scan as I can scan impressions with DOF. What I did: designed the richmond on the impression scan. Then scanned the model separately, merged it and fixed the margin line. With that step it took the incomplete scan data as bottom of the design. So I had to adapt the crown once again to the impression scan. It is now milled and waiting for sintering and fit checking.

Guest Room
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot:
    Room has been pruned!
    Chat Bot: Room has been pruned!