• Welcome to Dental Lab Network
    1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scanning impression

Discussion in 'DOF Inc.' started by tehnik, Nov 16, 2017.

1. tehnik
      Inspired

tehnik Member Full Member

Hi!

I am tryink to make richmond crown in exocad and I am scanning Impression for that. As I also have stone model for it I want to combine impression and model. I know how to do it, but as the model cannot be fully scanned due to deep hole for the crown, the final data is incomplete... the hole is not there. It shows just as much the scanner was able to scan the stone model. My question is - is it possible to somehow get the impression inner side and stone model prepared margin line combined?

2. sirmorty

sirmorty Member Full Member

I think you just want to click on the Expert then the Tools and import the mesh of the Scanned die.

3. tehnik
      Inspired

The die is incomplete from the inner side....

4. 2thm8kr
      Devilish

2thm8kr Beanosavedmysociallife Full Member

I don't do posts, but try scanning the impression. Use edit tool in exocad to invert the mesh and then merge to the die scan. Save as STL and import that into the scene as extra die scan.

• Like Like x 2
    5. tehnik
      Inspired

I dont have to invert impression scan as I can scan impressions with DOF. What I did: designed the richmond on the impression scan. Then scanned the model separately, merged it and fixed the margin line. With that step it took the incomplete scan data as bottom of the design. So I had to adapt the crown once again to the impression scan. It is now milled and waiting for sintering and fit checking.

• Like Like x 1