Scanning full denture 3shape

M

Martin Bubez

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to scan a denture with 3shape?
We just want it to then have an stl to print for use as a special tray.

I've tried using the vertical scanning holder with the red wires but it cuts the denture and I can't get enough scan height, even with adjustment it just isn't high enough.
Has anyone done this? What do I select in the order form at the beginning to scan for this?

Thanks people!

M

Martin Bubez

Reaction score
Scan as wax up...

Yeah, tried that but you have to scan two sides and then use something like MeshMixer to splice them together... Too long winded.

Luckily, we're on site to the surgery and I have access to the TRIOS scanner. Problem solved. Export scan as STL. Print. Job done. Happy boy.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Yeah, tried that but you have to scan two sides and then use something like MeshMixer to splice them together... Too long winded.

Luckily, we're on site to the surgery and I have access to the TRIOS scanner. Problem solved. Export scan as STL. Print. Job done. Happy boy.

No need when you scan as wax up bridge scan top then flip and scan bottom as supli,ent and align itm close the scan and ecplore the order and you will see a unn21-26 of what ever teeth you selected and that will be the full denture scan.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
No need when you scan as wax up bridge scan top then flip and scan bottom as supli,ent and align itm close the scan and ecplore the order and you will see a unn21-26 of what ever teeth you selected and that will be the full denture scan.
In dcm format.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
In dcm format.
yup simple to convert in 3shape. You create a new order for #8 crown only upper arch unsectiuoned, import the denture dcm as the arch then export case as udx open zip older and bam stl. lol Or export scan as stl if enabled on our dongle.

Dominick

Dominick

Reaction score
Bring the dcm into exocad and then just resave as an stl