Scanners

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
. Don't really know what to do with it collecting dust though.

If its accurate and has STL output, you could pair it with an Exo setup in no time ...

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
We are looking for regular Joe technicians to participate in a head to head scanner comparison.

So far we have:

OPT Deluxe model
Steinbichler STII
DOF HD
Medit Hybrid
Identica Light

Would like to get iMetric, Shining 3d, Maestro, 3Shape, etc. If you are using Renishaw tactile in conjunction with optical scanner we may be interested too. Participants should be in N. America to keep shipping cost and times reasonable.

Send me a pm or if you don't have enough posts then post here and Zero or myself will contact you.
soooo head to head scanner comparison how?> details man, details! i have a d700 though, would love to participate somehow

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
No insult intended. The CS2 seems accurate enough in my experience, I just hated dealing with the DW software so I quit it. Don't really know what to do with it collecting dust though.

Understood. Two reasons I've held on to this CS2 is because I can get milled Emax for $45 and also for those times when an account wants a Straumann "original" abutment. Oh, and the 3rd one is it's paid for. :) Since I haven't really used any other software, I guess I don't know what I'm missing. I have seen a lot of Exocad videos online and it seems easy enough though.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Every system has it's +/- so you have to choose what works in your flow. Paid is good! I've used quite a number of systems and one of my basic wants is always the ability to make it do more than it was designed to do. So far Exo lets me manipulate it to do what the software wasn't necessarily designed to do, so I'm generally content.

doug

doug

Reaction score
I have a Steinbechler II, can I play? Since Straumann shut down my software I can't do anything with my CS2 scanner. BTW, lying Straumann is again doing what they said they'd never do. Milling abutments for other platforms. Not surprised, just more disappointed in the lying.

T

TomBouch

Reaction score
I also have a steinbechler II running exocad and would love to participate. I can't pm yet so please let me know how I can join in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
We are getting a model prepared and waiting for a known size test object to be sent around. Soon as the models are ready will post pics here and work out the logistics with all participants :)

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
who wants to share details of this experiment?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
fair enough, what software will be used to compare scan data?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I believe Magics, the scans (unadultered) will be posted here for everyone to dissect

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Try to understand ,He's got the magic scans...

cr

user name

user name

Reaction score
Not much detail yet...the idea is to scan the same model with multiple hardware, then compare the results here.

Exactly what I was wondering. The model will be altered just from handling, no? maybe you should scan a truly 'hard' object...
20170120_123451.jpg

Will we be looking at actual scan data or deciding on who renders the most visually pleasing virtual skin?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
indeed, even a fingerprint would be enough to put triangles where they dont belong.

my guess is one of them is going to send a tooth model. inevitably someone will spray their model and start a fit when they dont end up on the good accuracy list.

stick to the spheres guys. but make it clear theres to be no touching.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Just had to, tired of waiting for someone else ;)
MV5BMjQwNDE0MDM0NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTU0ODgwNzE@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg