Scan rx and invoice

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Evident is a good web based lab software but the new CEO is the owner of few labs in US, Canada And his outsource lab in the Philippines.
I am concern to know that my competitor has access to my most confidential infos.
I am looking for a good dental lab software to switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That brings up a very interesting question.
If H.I.P.P.A.'s protected classes of data are stored off US soil, does it apply to the party who owns the machine storing the data? If not, I'd run fast from that software.
"Lets set up a server in the Principality of Sealand and go shopping for clients" could be not only possible but completely legal.

Solaris

Solaris

Reaction score
I did Contact them and they tolled me your data is safe with us but you can get out if you want. But they a copy from all of our activity even is I quit their service. I am not happy at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I did Contact them and they tolled me your data is safe with us but you can get out if you want. But they a copy from all of our activity even is I quit their service. I am not happy at all.

I don't blame you one bit, or byte for that matter.

Solaris

Solaris

Reaction score
I did Contact them and they tolled me your data is safe with us but you can get out if you want. But they have a copy from all of our activity even if I quit their service, our record is with them. I am not happy at all.

SmartLabJon

SmartLabJon

Reaction score
Wow I really like that idea of the webcam, that's genius!

We use Labnet and a beefy scanner that can scan something ridiculous like 40 rxs in a minute and convert them to PDF at the same time. We double scan everything though (when the rx comes in fresh from the doc and out with all the tech signatures and case notes on it). More than once we've been accused of altering a script by a doctor. It's funny when they shut right up when we send them a copy of their original rx!

All scans are backed up to a flash drive once per week and taken off site, and another backup is sent to Dropbox (1 TB storage for $99/year). The hard copies are kept for about 5 years then are shredded. Unless are shredder is broken then we just have a bonfire in the back of the parking lot. :)

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Look closely at their terms. Very closely.
Many cloud storage sites do not have any guarantee of data availability or that they'll restore it if the hard drive it's on goes bye bye.
Seriously? Whats the point then?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Seriously? Whats the point then?
When's the last time anyone read the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy before checking the box?

They'd tell you they are not in the backup business, but in the non-location-centric data business.
To let you access your pictures, documents, etc. from where ever you are instead of wherever the data is.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Wow I really like that idea of the webcam, that's genius!

We use Labnet and a beefy scanner that can scan something ridiculous like 40 rxs in a minute and convert them to PDF at the same time. We double scan everything though (when the rx comes in fresh from the doc and out with all the tech signatures and case notes on it). More than once we've been accused of altering a script by a doctor. It's funny when they shut right up when we send them a copy of their original rx!

All scans are backed up to a flash drive once per week and taken off site, and another backup is sent to Dropbox (1 TB storage for $99/year). The hard copies are kept for about 5 years then are shredded. Unless are shredder is broken then we just have a bonfire in the back of the parking lot. :)
Hot Dog roast lunch every Friday! Where do I sign up!

KTR

KTR

Reaction score
We use QuickBooks for dental lab and scan every note and invoice into the program. After billing we dispose of invoices. We backup everyday.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
We use Labstar, every case gets input into the the system as it comes in the door, which is saved on the cloud. When inputting your case there is a place to put attachments, originally i was scanning scripts and attaching them, then it hit me one day, i went out and bought a webcam that can take pictures and mounted it pointing straight down at my desk. Now i slide the script under the webcam and snap a picture, then add everything that came in the door with the case, models, bites, impressions , etc and snap another picture. I attach those 2 images or more if needed with the case. We have been doing this for over 2 years now and couldnt image not having this information at my fingertips.

I set up the same system when I moved over Dec/Jan and just realized I copied yours.

THANK YOU! Where shall I send the royalty payments? :D