Scan rx and invoice

K

keroassidy

Reaction score
Getting tired of storing years of rx/invoices. Does anyone scan them into a computer and just shred paper?
If so what to look for in a scanner

G

GarryB

Reaction score
Getting tired of storing years of rx/invoices. Does anyone scan them into a computer and just shred paper?
If so what to look for in a scanner

We keep the forms for six years and then shred.

Any forms that need scanning for whatever reason get done on an all in one, HP Officejet Pro. Cheep and cheerful, super easy to use and fairly quick.

Wouldn't fancy doing six years worth though.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I've been using a $40 hp inkjet scanner/printer from walmart. The scan software that comes with it is plenty detailed and allows scan as indiviual sheets 0r scan and build larger files. Allows saving as tiff for future OCR if that's your thing, saving as png, jpg, bmp,or pdf.

At the end of the month I scan receipts into one big pdf.
Then Invoice script pairs into another big pdf.

The thing about auto feeder scanners is they expect flat smooth paper. They don't do well with things that have been folded or stapled and unstapled.

I didn't start doing it, so to catch up took a little time, but I'd just watch a movie on the computer's dvd drive or netflix/hulu while fliping and restapling.

Before destroying the paper, get some good archival quality cds or dvds. Normal burnable ones don't last much more than 5 years unless their in special climate control areas. I've had some fail in 6 months, granted I left them in the attic on purpose for testing, but...

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Ya, nothing fancy use a different folder per account.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Everything is scanned and stored in the cloud. Evident has made it easy for us, its bitchen to be able to pull up a script instantly from 2 years ago and have all the info instead of digging through a file cabinet.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Everything is scanned and stored in the cloud. Evident has made it easy for us, its bitchen to be able to pull up a script instantly from 2 years ago and have all the info instead of digging through a file cabinet.

You do know that when the terrorists bring down the grid you'll have go looking for those scripts by hand.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
You do know that when the terrorists bring down the grid you'll have go looking for those scripts by hand.

Come on now you know I will have my go bag in hand along with my AK and will not give zero F's about dentistry at that time :)

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
All of my scripts are saved automatically on a cloud server as well as the invoice since my clients pay by cc up front. I don't even have to do monthly statements anymore:) extra time to drink beer.Beer

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Labnet allows us to scan the RX in to the file after invoicing, then we shred everything. If we ever need anything the invoice and labslip can be reprinted through labnet. No papers on file, just statements.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I hand write my invoices on carbonless triplicates, note the case and invoice number in a spiral notebook, store the prescriptions in bankers boxes in the basement.

I was just complimented last week that my bookkeeping is flawless. I can look up any shade Ive done since my first case.

Might be stone age, but it works.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I hand write my invoices on carbonless triplicates, note the case and invoice number in a spiral notebook, store the prescriptions in bankers boxes in the basement.

I was just complimented last week that my bookkeeping is flawless. I can look up any shade Ive done since my first case.

Stone tablets hard to come by these days?:)

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score

My handwriting is worse that most of my docs.
Plus, I don't trust disaster response or other peoples computers. I just got a safe deposit box for an offsite offline backup location for everything on CD. Cheap insurance. The loss would be dreadful to need it, but I'd be able to pick up close to where I left off otherwise.

Window shatters from flying debris and my lab gets drenched. I can recover that week to where I was. I know flooding is rare there, but my bldg is in a spot that has had both 6ft of water at the ground level, and 3/4 inch hail in the last 15 years.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Nah, Buffstone.

Plus, you can use the hydrocolloid machine as a copier.
et tu brute?

Ironic, isnt it...Im the guy that mailed you some stones.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
et tu brute?

Ironic, isnt it...Im the guy that mailed you some stones.
Friends, Romans, Countrymen, I come not to bury Username, but to ... Ok ok Mea Culpa

And THANK YOU!

(I hated that play, we actually did it in High School drama class.)

K

keroassidy

Reaction score
Thanks for all the great replies. Im gonna look into cloud storage of all cases.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great replies. Im gonna look into cloud storage of all cases.
Look closely at their terms. Very closely.
Many cloud storage sites do not have any guarantee of data availability or that they'll restore it if the hard drive it's on goes bye bye.

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
We use Labstar, every case gets input into the the system as it comes in the door, which is saved on the cloud. When inputting your case there is a place to put attachments, originally i was scanning scripts and attaching them, then it hit me one day, i went out and bought a webcam that can take pictures and mounted it pointing straight down at my desk. Now i slide the script under the webcam and snap a picture, then add everything that came in the door with the case, models, bites, impressions , etc and snap another picture. I attach those 2 images or more if needed with the case. We have been doing this for over 2 years now and couldnt image not having this information at my fingertips.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
We use Labstar, every case gets input into the the system as it comes in the door, which is saved on the cloud. When inputting your case there is a place to put attachments, originally i was scanning scripts and attaching them, then it hit me one day, i went out and bought a webcam that can take pictures and mounted it pointing straight down at my desk. Now i slide the script under the webcam and snap a picture, then add everything that came in the door with the case, models, bites, impressions , etc and snap another picture. I attach those 2 images or more if needed with the case. We have been doing this for over 2 years now and couldnt image not having this information at my fingertips.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I really like the webcam addition. That opens lots of opportunities for retaining information. Pics of models and impressions! Ohhhh, now you've done it. I'm gonna have to engineer a way to get that possible in my lab.

Solaris

Solaris

Reaction score
Evident is a good web based lab software but the new CEO is the owner of few labs in US, Canada And his outsource lab in the Philippines.
I am concern to know that my competitor has access to my most confidential infos.
I am looking for a good dental lab software to switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk