Scan over Nobel custom abutments

J

justatech

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I received this case from one of my doctors and this is going to be a first (in regards to scanning over implant abutments).

I can work the case in exocad.. no problem but i'm having difficulty scanning the implants. Do I leave them in the model? Or do I scan them one-by-one. I scanned them individually but still, I had difficulty aligning them together. Am I missing anything?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Greetings Earthling! Welcome!

Someone who knows more than me (seems like everyone some days) will drop in and say hi soon.

They might even have an answer. :)

M

mmbh

Reaction score
What problems exactly? to much reflection? can't see the margins? Specifics.
Margins look to subgingival to scan in the model like that. I would also fill in some of those screw holes with some wax to cut down on trying to fill any holes in cad post scanning

M

mmbh

Reaction score
If you don't want to trim out any tissue or fill holes with wax , you'll probably have to take them out, scan them then put them back in and finish scanning.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Remove screws, block the holes with scan wax, place them on the model, use a drop of sticky wax to keep them in place in case they're mobile while scanning. Remove them and scan them individually as dies... block out with wax under the margin if is too sharp to scan. Use scan spray if necessary.

Last edited:
J

justatech

Reaction score
Thank you all ! I had used scan spray prior to covering the holes with wax and my software was having difficulty meshing them together. Once I covered the holes with wax and re-applied the spray it had no issues aligning them. Such a small step with an accomplishing result. Thanks again!

J

justatech

Reaction score
This case is going to be cemented. However, just out of curiosity.. if I receive a case in the near-future requesting access holes how would I go about that?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
if I receive a case in the near-future requesting access holes how would I go about that?
Either pick screw retained implant with manual positioning or use the attachment function to punch holes if you don't have the implant module. Easy peasy Ciao