Scan Bodies

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
yeah but how are they doing custom abutments from CEREC Files?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
yeah but how are they doing custom abutments from CEREC Files?
the doctor scans the scan body and sends it to glidewell with cerec connect, basically just like they do with a prep? Glidewell designs it with their sirona junk or with their 3shapes? I'm sure they have a special deal with sirona so they can design cerec files with any system they choose.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
i guess i was hoping someone had a solidified answer for that.

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
I don't want to hijack this thread but if someone could help out with my question on scan bodies , do I have to purchase all scan bodies from all diffarant companies (atlantis, noble etc etc ) or can I buy from one company and interchange them to make them work for all company's , I would be scanning through 3 shape abutment designer , any info no matter how trivial would help please

Thanks
We offer scan jigs that were designed with Exocad and have been approved by 3Shape and Dental Wings - I have milling centers around the US who have taken the final design file using our scan jigs and ti bases and milled out the parts with no problem. We are pending fda as well and should have it in april 2014. www.dess-usa.com

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Purchase the Abutment Design module from your 3Shae dealer, this entire process will take days to complete so do this weeks ahead of your initial design time you have set.

Then purchase the NT trading, Glidewell or what ever implant library you want to get.
Once the abutment module is ready to go install the implant library.

Once your able to scan and design. You have multiple option after design. Now You can send a STL file of a hybrid ZR abutment to pretty much any one with a milling machine that is able to abutments. For your one iece Ti abutment design lets say off the NT library you can send it to scott and he will cut the whole thing out of a disk of Ti, CAP has the pre milled NT blanks and they can cut your NT Ti designs as well. But Glidewell will not cut anything that is not theirs. But you can sen a glidewell designed hybrid ZR stl file to anyone. It is confusing but it really isn't.

I have the Glidewell and implant direct libraries currently. Looking to get the Straumann once it becomes available to the states and maybe NT trading. I do all my hybrid ZR abutments in house and send my Ti designs to Allied Dental Solutions and of course the implant direct is sent to them to mill right up the street from me. I don't have glidewell cut anything for me.

Your "p" key isn't working Sevan! Haha

G

GeneNY

Reaction score
Good morning all:
Can any body suggest where i can get an open stl library and scan bodies for Megagens Anyridge and EZ Plus implants?

Top Bottom