Scan Bodies

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
Im about to purchase some scan bodies and I need to know if any of these systems are compatible with each other so I dont have to buy double what I need. The systems I work with the most are:

Straumann RC NC
Zimmer 4.5 3.5
Nobel 3.5 4.3
Astra 5.5
3i 4.1 5.0

Thanks

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Astra and Hiossin are pretty much the same. (Screw channel has different height that screw seats onto)

The others you listed are all unique.

The physical scan markers are different shapes on the bottoms.

Maybe some sizes can be used for incorrect size? (Going up or down in platform size?)

When you choose what CAD library to match that mrker for, then you choose the correct platform size then of couse.

Lauren would know at my office....I'm hiding somewhere for lunch right now....

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Nope all the ones you listed are not cross compatible with each other.

D

Daymon Capers

Reaction score
What you want to discuss about it? Please explain your information.

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
I got the info I needed

S

sheera67

Reaction score
What you want to discuss about it? Please explain your information.

I don't want to hijack this thread but if someone could help out with my question on scan bodies , do I have to purchase all scan bodies from all diffarant companies (atlantis, noble etc etc ) or can I buy from one company and interchange them to make them work for all company's , I would be scanning through 3 shape abutment designer , any info no matter how trivial would help please

Thanks

Y

Yojimbo

Reaction score
Atlantis has their own scan body, for Nobel they want you to use scan body from Elos

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
You can buy them from one company. I use the DDG scan bodies from ***. Have every scan body I've needed

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
You can buy them from one company. I use the DDG scan bodies from ***. Have every scan body I've needed

Deepened on what you want to do behind each scan body is an opposing part sometimes a few adhesive bases and or the geometry of the interface and so on a few scan bodies are preprepared and constructed for laser scanner some for white light with different accuracy. The parts behind are always adapted for their production and additional parts ( cement base for example) so the geometry for a direct interface is maybe different and for the cement base too sometime only a few micron.If u use DDG use their parts to be save

Attachments

• scanadapter.jpg
    scanadapter.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 35
  • behind.jpg
    behind.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 28
  • behind 2.jpg
    behind 2.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 25
P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
Only a few more weeks and we can begin to sell the DDG Ti-bases that match the DDG Library.

I have Ten-Twelve different types here, and they look very nice.

Cannot use other brands, as they are probably different shapes.

waiting for final paperwork from FDA as these are imported mass-produced parts. (Which falls into FDA territory)

Custom abutments and bars....no. Especially if made here in the states.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I'm sorry I'm still confused on the topic. So I'm a 3shape user. If I buy scan bodies from scott or NTtrading, who can I send designs to? Could I send to ***, Glidewell, my local milling center, core3d, and Nobel?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
You can send them to any one if you are simply sending a STL file to have cut, Except Glidewell they will only do their owns stuff. Now CAP uses NT trading blanks so you have to have the design don in the NT trading library, But other then that hybrid ZR and can go to any milling center.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
You can send them to any one if you are simply sending a STL file to have cut, Except Glidewell they will only do their owns stuff. Now CAP uses NT trading blanks so you have to have the design don in the NT trading library, But other then that hybrid ZR and can go to any milling center.
thanks!
So...I buy the abutment design software through my 3shape dealer. I then buy scan bodies from, say, nt trading. I can then send those files, hybrid zr or ti, to anyone that accepts them? For glidewell must buy there scanbodies, right?
What do you use Sevan? for scan bodies and who mills your ti (I assume you mill zr hy)?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
thanks!
So...I buy the abutment design software through my 3shape dealer. I then buy scan bodies from, say, nt trading. I can then send those files, hybrid zr or ti, to anyone that accepts them? For glidewell must buy there scanbodies, right?
What do you use Sevan? for scan bodies and who mills your ti (I assume you mill zr hy)?

Purchase the Abutment Design module from your 3Shae dealer, this entire process will take days to complete so do this weeks ahead of your initial design time you have set.

Then purchase the NT trading, Glidewell or what ever implant library you want to get.
Once the abutment module is ready to go install the implant library.

Once your able to scan and design. You have multiple option after design. Now You can send a STL file of a hybrid ZR abutment to pretty much any one with a milling machine that is able to abutments. For your one iece Ti abutment design lets say off the NT library you can send it to scott and he will cut the whole thing out of a disk of Ti, CAP has the pre milled NT blanks and they can cut your NT Ti designs as well. But Glidewell will not cut anything that is not theirs. But you can sen a glidewell designed hybrid ZR stl file to anyone. It is confusing but it really isn't.

I have the Glidewell and implant direct libraries currently. Looking to get the Straumann once it becomes available to the states and maybe NT trading. I do all my hybrid ZR abutments in house and send my Ti designs to Allied Dental Solutions and of course the implant direct is sent to them to mill right up the street from me. I don't have glidewell cut anything for me.

afelab2013

afelab2013

Reaction score
I use the library with Exocad Newancorvis with very large libraries implant

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
the Atlantis kit is the most complete kit ive come accross. buying that kit will mean that you send everything automatically to Atlantis for them to design and mill.

Medentika or Implant Direct, can provide you scan bodies on an as-needed basis, and their installation doesnt Lock you to any manufacturer.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
The question is what do you want to make to buy very expensive abutments from one of the major labels like Atlantis or cheaper in the same quality from for example Medentika they came to US too. Buy a ti abutment for 140 Euro ore make a zirkon hybrid for 120 Euro or a Ti for 100 Euro or less . I personaly make 95 % hybrid zirkon why should i make a ti abutment to have problems while the margin says asta la vista . You can go with the prep 1 mm under the margin no cementation problems and if the margin has a little rezidive no problem there is zirkon in the same color not this wonderful grey color. Up to 5 units you can create a split file making abutment an crown structure at on time if your mill works right an the ti interface has a nodge .for rotation secure . Behind every scanmarker is a placeholder this is adapted to the ti interface most of them are very different so same implant Nobel Replace scan markers , Wieland, Zirkonzahn , Nobel, Medentika, NT, all the scan markers are different the ti cement base are different only the old !!!! NT, and old Medentika scanmarkers and the old ti bases are the same. If you make a individual hybrid abutment there are sometimes adaptions in the placeholder ( part behind the scanmarker) you cant see depended on the production process . For example the NT ti cement bases are 30 my smaller than the placeholders its for the cement gap . If you want to make a ti abutment there is a conical srew seat behind at zirkon a flat, multi unit direct screw retained parts have different deep cut adaptions on the interface an so on and on !!!!!. Scanmarker have a different precision , if you want to make a bar you cant use a scanmarker with 20 my volume deviation rotation deviation is no problem, a laser scanner is different from white light problems with hard edges if you make only a single abutment no problem but on a 3 unit bridge split file ore screw retained part well.Their is a little bit more behind and most of it is secret. So if you by Atlantis you can send to Atlantis ore you find somebody who tells you i can do it too ???!!!. Same same but different .

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
DDG have many more abutment platforms than Atlantis or Glidwell Luke.

Why lock yourself into stupid high prices of Atlantis??

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
DDG have many more abutment platforms than Atlantis or Glidwell Luke.

Why lock yourself into stupid high prices of Atlantis??

what's your definition of high? Just wondering what they are charging people. I really dislike the atlantis kit...the scan body is so high that you're required to change the scan height to 30 (we generally keep it at 22 and are fine 99% of the time).

Secondly...to mesh that scan body...unlike the NT Trading design, it's just a sphere with part of it missing. Makes picking points to mesh really silly. Other than that, yes their kit is pretty big, but there are plenty of kits out there.

CMC has a pretty large compilation. DDG as primus said is great.

I was wondering though, I had a customer tell me he was able to scan glidewell scanbodies on his cerec iOS? how the hell are they sending that file to glidewell? Unless they are converting the CDT or DXD file to STL.... it seems a bit suspicious...

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
hasn't glidewell always been accepting cerec files since like'08? lots of their ads for brx and emx always say something like "$99 from model and $79 from cerec file"

Top Bottom