Scan bodies

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I found out recently that my white light scanner was more than accurate enough for implant retained bars. The problem was the scan bodies I had. They were inconsistent in height thus creating inaccuracies. I found these scan bodies that are supposed to be extremely accurate. I am not sure about an Exocad compatible library but it does work for 3shape. Thought I would pass it along.

http://www.elos.se/web/Elos_Accurate_1.aspx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i combined the implant library from medentika with the scan bodies of Atlantis. i now have a set of scan bodies that i will never need to order duplicates of.

and when i get my new job, this library is coming along for the ride.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
does anyone know the difference between the 1st and 2nd generation medentika scan abutments? Do they have different libraries?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
yes they do. medentika will provide you with a new generation body, and a link to download the importable file for your scan system of choice. just make sure to articulate that to your sales person.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
how can you tell the difference in the library? does it specify type 1 or 2?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
you won't be able to tell from the file names, no, but as i said if you ask medentika to give you the downloads for the files in Generation 2, they will do so, so you can order the generation 2 if they are available. i am not certain they are available for all the implants yet.

S

Scanner Man

Reaction score
I found out recently that my white light scanner was more than accurate enough for implant retained bars. The problem was the scan bodies I had. They were inconsistent in height thus creating inaccuracies. I found these scan bodies that are supposed to be extremely accurate. I am not sure about an Exocad compatible library but it does work for 3shape. Thought I would pass it along.

Elos - Elos Accurate

Very good locators and accurate for your requirements.

I think John Wilson also got these.

F

.:FIN:.

Reaction score
Medentika is already offering all the 2.generation ti-bases. Just go to cad.medentika.de, do the registration, download implant libraries you need and you are ready to go.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
just used a medentika 2nd generation scan body and the milling center sent back a zr abutment that didnt fit the interface.. until i reamed it out a bit.. What should be changed to fix this?

F

Reaction score
If you are using 3shape, you are not able to change cement space between ti-base and zr-structure or anything else that could solve the problem. Inform about this your milling center so that they could do the correction for you.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
So are you able to adjust cement gap for interface in exocad?

F

Reaction score
I´m not familiar with exocad, so no help from me, sorry.