Scaling 3D model to match expanded zirconia

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Bisco primer

It's been our experience that when this product is used and a zirconia crown or veneer is placed it is permanently bonded.
If the crown or veneer had to be removed for some reason, every molecule had to be ground off because the bond strength.
Using a crown spreader to remove like a traditional crown was useless.

Would you feel just as confident in doing Maryland bridges using Z Prime+ ?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Yes I forgot about the bisco stuff. Ive used that in the past, just never felt the need to do a veneer in zr. Now how do you verify that every molecule has been ground off? ;)

A

A. M.

Reaction score
What do you use?

You can buy this from Argen, don't need the whole kit ( I think it's waste of money),but the red and green rubber wheels you can buy separatly. They are good. The red is fine and the green is corse. The number might not match...

Attachments

• 20201008_104843.jpg
    20201008_104843.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 9
Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
You guys are missing the boat, the diamond flexi discs from keystone will finish a margin into infinity in seconds. I wouldnt work on zirconia without them. But printing a scaled up die, using the enlargement factor to finish a green veneer.. just sounds.. Hmmmm2

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
And btw if you need rubber wheels, get them from @rc75 at TD, they are way cheaper and work as good as any other expensive wheels.

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
Any wheel $14 !! - STOP OVERPAYING!

GREEN Grind
Blue Polish

Green Grinders (1).jpg

Blue wheels.jpg

boboyrobert

boboyrobert

Reaction score
What primer are you using? I didnt know ivoclar had a zirconia bonder.. monobond or ivoclean are not bonders. The very definition, I think, of bonding being that it infiltrates both mediums being bonded, which is why you etch dentin and emax, to create pits for the material to infiltrate. The closest thing Ive seen is from IDS cad, its actually adds nano particles to the zirconia that fire to the intaglio surface, theoretically..
Still waiting to see any scientific studies on bonding zirconia. Id make an emax and send it along for
You guys are missing the boat, the diamond flexi discs from keystone will finish a margin into infinity in seconds. I wouldnt work on zirconia without them. But printing a scaled up die, using the enlargement factor to finish a green veneer.. just sounds.. Hmmmm2

Just a fun experiment man. Yes it's a far out concept

boboyrobert

boboyrobert

Reaction score
You can buy this from Argen, don't need the whole kit ( I think it's waste of money),but the red and green rubber wheels you can buy separatly. They are good. The red is fine and the green is corse. The number might not match...
Oh wow. Does that include the green state sanders too? Or did you just slip those in. We use those but if we can get them all in the same kit I might go for it...

A

A. M.

Reaction score
Oh wow. Does that include the green state sanders too? Or did you just slip those in. We use those but if we can get them all in the same kit I might go for it...
That's the whole kit

H

HampeTC

Reaction score
I might be a bit late to the party but you can import the stl file of the model into Meshmixer and change its scale with the transform tool by what ever your shrinkage factor is. Ive done it a few times when i want to make sure that everything's up to snuff before sintering larger cases.