Say hello to my little friend.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Nope but I'm going to learn
Any update Tman19?
So Prints Hairy is pretty much dialed in. He’s a smooth operator when it comes to the quads.
Drs have no issues with my crappy models lol 😝
I switched back to Argen models when I was having implant rotation issues but that has been resolved so I’ll switch back to printing the abutment head with the model again .
Prints Hairy may never be the King but the crowns still fit on him well.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Any update Tman19?
So Prints Hairy is pretty much dialed in. He’s a smooth operator when it comes to the quads.
Drs have no issues with my crappy models lol 😝
I switched back to Argen models when I was having implant rotation issues but that has been resolved so I’ll switch back to printing the abutment head with the model again .
Prints Hairy may never be the King but the crowns still fit on him well.
With no IPA or curing units, works for me ;)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
With no IPA or curing units, works for me ;)
Yes this was important for us when working from home.
The only waste we have is from the FedEx and UPS envelopes. The cardboard boxes are donated to a local artisan and repurposed .
Cases are delivered in a clear sandwich bag which allows the front desk to view the pt info without opening a lab box. Dental offices pay high rent fees so by not having to store lab boxes, they save money on square footage that can be used for something else.

SmartLabJon

SmartLabJon

Reaction score
Hey Guys!

So I have an Anycubic Kobra Max filament printer I was messing around with to print models with. I am having some trouble getting the settings dialed in with their PLA filament (getting some blobs and strings). I came across an ad for this Renfert Printer. I asked them if I could use their filament in my printer and they said since the nozzle size is the same diameter I could, I would just have to mess with the settings and figure it out on my own. I run Cura for my printer and if you guys have used that software you know there are about 2000 settings you can change! Does anyone know what the Simplex settings are for this, even if it is the basic stuff to get started with their filament? Stuff like nozzle temp, bed temp, speed, etc? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I already ordered a spool of their "working model" filament, I couldn't resist haha! Even if I could just use this stuff for removable cases it would save me a ton of money.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Hey Guys!

So I have an Anycubic Kobra Max filament printer I was messing around with to print models with. I am having some trouble getting the settings dialed in with their PLA filament (getting some blobs and strings). I came across an ad for this Renfert Printer. I asked them if I could use their filament in my printer and they said since the nozzle size is the same diameter I could, I would just have to mess with the settings and figure it out on my own. I run Cura for my printer and if you guys have used that software you know there are about 2000 settings you can change! Does anyone know what the Simplex settings are for this, even if it is the basic stuff to get started with their filament? Stuff like nozzle temp, bed temp, speed, etc? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I already ordered a spool of their "working model" filament, I couldn't resist haha! Even if I could just use this stuff for removable cases it would save me a ton of money.
If I had to guess it's probably very similar to if not the same PLA or PLA+

Assuming you are new to filament printing.... Correct the nozzle size is same. And there's not really much to it. Speed, temperature, and incremental movement.

Filaments like other injectable thermoplastics are vulnerable to water absorption, so since there is no injection pressure (150psi),moisture plays a bigger role in extrusion. So keep your power dry!

Also I would go on Thingiverse and find a calibration model to help dial in your printers settings using the cheap stuff. Get familiar with the fine details.

I'd say that renfert stuff is a lot more expensive than PLA,. So you don't wanna practice with it till your well versed in adjustment.

Blobs and strings can also be caused by nozzle blockage, uneven bed leveling.

Last edited:
SmartLabJon

SmartLabJon

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the info! I am new to filament printing so this helps me a lot. The spool of Renfert filament was $63 from Zahn, a spool of the plain matte PLA was $15 I think from Anycubic (and I bought an assortment pack of 10 spools so I have tons to mess around with).

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the info! I am new to filament printing so this helps me a lot. The spool of Renfert filament was $63 from Zahn, a spool of the plain matte PLA was $15 I think from Anycubic (and I bought an assortment pack of 10 spools so I have tons to mess around with).
I just bought some pla off Amazon. It works fine at 225 temp. I’ve been overpaying for the Renfert filament big time.
I tried printing a Benchy which tests your printer . It came out fine.
Thingerverse is awesome.

82D7D652-09CD-4D9C-A6C8-27C468E9FF87.jpeg

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
I just bought some pla off Amazon. It works fine at 225 temp. I’ve been overpaying for the Renfert filament big time.
I tried printing a Benchy which tests your printer . It came out fine.
Thingerverse is awesome.

View attachment 42403
ANYTHING with dental written on it is always 3 times the price!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
ANYTHING with dental written on it is always 3 times the price!
I knew better but went with the dental anyway.
I now realize that I probably paid more than I could have but the machine is still a good one.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Just remember... Filament as well as all plastics (including flexibles) absord moisture. Get into storing your stuff in air tight containers with color changing and rechargeable moisture absorbers.
Moisture in the plastic does affect its extrusion and density.

Don't count on manufacturers, especially dental, in packaging your stuff properly. I get bags of pellets all the time that have a pinhole in it.

And in the old days they used to ship vacuum form sheets, not vacuum sealed.
So they didn't know about plastic and moisture either till they started getting complaints.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
I knew better but went with the dental anyway.
I now realize that I probably paid more than I could have but the machine is still a good one.
And now that you're going and familiar with the operation, you can explore alternate possibilities.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
And now that you're going and familiar with the operation, you can explore alternate possibilities.
“explore alternate possibilities”.
That right there is why sheep the world over are jumpy.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
I would like to print flexible material to make more fishing lures.
They make a couple of flexible filaments. I'd hate for you to plug up your machine though because they can be challenging. If I were you I would really look into buying a hobby filament printer off Amazon.
And buying one with an enclosure, allows you to print complicated filaments like nylon and other temperature sensitive.

Now that you're familiar with how they work, you can run a whole room full of hobbies.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
They make a couple of flexible filaments. I'd hate for you to plug up your machine though because they can be challenging. If I were you I would really look into buying a hobby filament printer off Amazon.
And buying one with an enclosure, allows you to print complicated filaments like nylon and other temperature sensitive.

Now that you're familiar with how they work, you can run a whole room full of hobbies.
I’m tempted to do just that.