Sample or Practice Cases

M

MushMaster

Reaction score
Howdy!

Been working with the ZirkonZahn environment for a little while. Mainly started where every beginner to CAD would start, scan and design. I work in a low production lab and therefore do not always have the exposure to a wider variety of cases and/or systems. However, the software is open to accept 3M, iTero, TRIOS, Planmeca PlanScan and Dental Wings projects. I am curious to import a case from either one of these systems to broaden my experience, anything from as simple as importing a project but also would like a case involving something like implant planning including X-Ray imaging. The goal is simple, get my hands dirty with more complicated or more challenging CAD projects to gain a few more skills. Questions will arise naturally I imagine.

Questions being for now, where do I find these cases? Was thinking of asking the corresponding companies themselves, but those are usually picture perfect cases while I am looking for real-life cases ... what better place to ask than DLN?

I know there is patient confidentiality and perhaps there is a way to rid case information, but would anyone be open to share some CAD cases that I can use for study purposes? I would consider myself a beginner/intermediately experienced CAD-er, so if you can think of a case or anyone who could, I am all ears!

Thanks in advance!

C

CWilliams

Reaction score
Hey AmsterDan- Are you looking to do surgical guides/ immediate loads? Implant supported full arch/ bridges? Custom abutments? Telescopes/ P&C with traditional C&B? Prettau style without and with thimble/ cutbacks? Bars? Friction copings? I mean the options are broad... lol

*Where you get your scans from is irrelevant IMO bc the steps are all the same once you set up your lab slip in archiv, and head to modellier- the software will prompt you to open the directed files. Importing scans is straight forward, it's just the means of how they get from Dr to lab desktop, whether you receive them via dropbox or through a shared folder over a secured server etc.

*I will say, they give perfect set ups bc if you cant make it on an ideal model then making whatever on a complicated/ unideal model just isn't going to suffice. ZZ probably would send over set ups if you asked specifically for case types and they also have cad/cam courses available.

Top Bottom