Same Day Repairs - Surcharge?

evanosu

evanosu

Reaction score
I'm curious for those in the USA, are you doing same day denture/partial repairs and if so, do you charge extra for that service? So if you normally charge $80 for a fracture repair, do you charge more for same day repairs or no?

Thanks!!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I'm curious for those in the USA, are you doing same day denture/partial repairs and if so, do you charge extra for that service? So if you normally charge $80 for a fracture repair, do you charge more for same day repairs or no?

Thanks!!
Charge them all same day fees. Just tell them there is not one.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
We charge the same for all repairs whether they are same day or not. Most are same day.

evanosu

evanosu

Reaction score
We charge the same for all repairs whether they are same day or not. Most are same day.
Outv of curiosity if comfortable, how much acrylic repair? What time do you set as the cutoff to receive? Thanks

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Outv of curiosity if comfortable, how much acrylic repair? What time do you set as the cutoff to receive? Thanks
If it's in my hands by 10 am you can have it back by 430pm. IF you ask nice, it might be earlier.

2part fractures, adding 1 tooth, adding a tooth and a wire clasp, reline, locator/ERA reline...

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I require a picture of the broken denture before I commit to asame day.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Mine isnt much, $25. So for same day reline its $150. Im underpriced on my repairs, I never charge same day charge for those, although I might start, it really throws a wrench in the works of a C&B lab. I told myself last year I was done with relines this year.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Relines in by 10 back by 4. Pretty much the same for repairs unless the office is close by and it's a simple one. Hubby did a complete fracture repair in 2 hours before the holidays so the patient wouldn't have to go 3 days without her teeth because the office is closed on Fridays.

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
I'm in a different situation than most as I work in house, but lab lab is set up as a separate business. I have to justify my prices just like any other lab, so really no difference. I service the in house accts and a few outside docs. Ive found there really is no money to made in repairs to begin with, let alone same day repairs. I tried setting up a system with different pricing, one for same day, one for 2 day. That got too complicated. Best system Ive found for myself, price everything as if it had a 50% same day upcharge. And then I set up three tiers for repair, small, med, large. If they want a quote on whether its small med or large, I tell them I have to see it first. Theres only one other removables lab in my area. I figure if they want to spin their wheels and lose money on repairs, go ahead. Im here to make a living. If its worth doing, its worth getting paid.

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
same idea for relines btw

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Same day $49, Overnight evening to morning $24.50. Otherwise 24-36hrs (Next day-EOD) regular fee. Repair, relines, ect.

Amazing how non-emergency it becomes when it cost extra. Don't be a Hero. Superman never got a check.
Like UPS, it can be there overnight, 2-day, or ground.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Relines in by 10 back by 4. Pretty much the same for repairs unless the office is close by and it's a simple one. Hubby did a complete fracture repair in 2 hours before the holidays so the patient wouldn't have to go 3 days without her teeth because the office is closed on Fridays.
I agree with exceptions.

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
our minimum repair charge is 125 and goes up from there. How can you possibly do repairs for 25, the pick up and delivery are more. You might as well just send a cheque to the dentist

evanosu

evanosu

Reaction score
I'm in a different situation than most as I work in house, but lab lab is set up as a separate business. I have to justify my prices just like any other lab, so really no difference. I service the in house accts and a few outside docs. Ive found there really is no money to made in repairs to begin with, let alone same day repairs. I tried setting up a system with different pricing, one for same day, one for 2 day. That got too complicated. Best system Ive found for myself, price everything as if it had a 50% same day upcharge. And then I set up three tiers for repair, small, med, large. If they want a quote on whether its small med or large, I tell them I have to see it first. Theres only one other removables lab in my area. I figure if they want to spin their wheels and lose money on repairs, go ahead. Im here to make a living. If its worth doing, its worth getting paid.
Do you need a lab partner for cast metal frames or other items? I'm in Ohio, happy to assist - $69 frames $89 Vitallium 2000. Volume discounts.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
our minimum repair charge is 125 and goes up from there. How can you possibly do repairs for 25, the pick up and delivery are more. You might as well just send a cheque to the dentist
The lab bill comes out of the dentist's pocket down there. It's a free for all that I'm glad I'm not part of.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Mine isnt much, $25. So for same day reline its $150. Im underpriced on my repairs, I never charge same day charge for those, although I might start, it really throws a wrench in the works of a C&B lab. I told myself last year I was done with relines this year.
This brings back memories of my first month in the lab business... After the third dentist told me my repair prices were too low, I raised the price. I work in a freebie once a year for the dentists (usually a family member) but otherwise my prices aren't too low and the dentist respects that.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I've had dentists tell me that too, I wasn't sure what to do with it. Higher prices only equal higher expectations. They will still get my best.