Sagemaxx NexxZr +

user name

user name

Reaction score
Anyone using NexxZr +? Its been a long time for me. Sales staff said they have the pucks, but no colors. What are you using to color it?
I was going to jump back to the NexxZr for a full arch, but since Ivoclar bought them, seems they dont really want to play.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Hi user name! As of right now, I recommend the ZirCAD MT Coloring Liquids, as I have gotten consistently good results with them. As of either Chicago or IDS you should see some Sagemax specific liquids released (although I haven't tried them yet). These are specifically developed for the Sagemax materials.

Oh we want to play, and you should be seeing several new and several improved products released in the coming months.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Hi user name! As of right now, I recommend the ZirCAD MT Coloring Liquids, as I have gotten consistently good results with them. As of either Chicago or IDS you should see some Sagemax specific liquids released (although I haven't tried them yet). These are specifically developed for the Sagemax materials.

Oh we want to play, and you should be seeing several new and several improved products released in the coming months.
The sales lady said to use the ZirCAD liquids, but theyre on backorder till the 20th.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Ive posted a few times about the backordering, its frustrating. I hear the new multilayer nexxzr+ is coming next month, so I wonder what the run will be on those.. I hope its not a debacle, Brent did such a great job introducing nexxzr+. Its all Ive used since it came out and I couldnt be happier, Drs love it, but the backordering is a nightmare...

I just ordered a bunch of changs new formula liquid and I will be trying that. If you try the zircad liquids, you will be disappointed, they do not absorb well, its ok if you want pastel hues.

O

omsk

Reaction score
I had good results with Origin Beyond Plus coloring liquids. I didn't get to try all shades but the more common ones worked just fine.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Ive posted this before but this is slightly cutback nexxzr+, 6-8 bridge, colored with changs liquid and in sync glaze. Couldve done without the 'transparent' at the incisal bridge.jpg

WENDY

WENDY

Reaction score
I used liquid system (for substructure) from B and D with NexxZr just to try. The copings came out too dark...

L

labtek

Reaction score
Ive posted a few times about the backordering, its frustrating. I hear the new multilayer nexxzr+ is coming next month, so I wonder what the run will be on those.. I hope its not a debacle, Brent did such a great job introducing nexxzr+. Its all Ive used since it came out and I couldnt be happier, Drs love it, but the backordering is a nightmare...

I just ordered a bunch of changs new formula liquid and I will be trying that. If you try the zircad liquids, you will be disappointed, they do not absorb well, its ok if you want pastel hues.
What liquids are you using with the Nexxr+? What are you using for C shades? I assume if you are trying Changs new liquids then you have shades that are still not accurate. This zirconia shading is getting better every day, so I want to know who has the best formula today. Thank you for the information

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
I just can't get over that NexxZr+ was pulled from the market and could not be ordered at all. Was said they had some humidity issues and they wouldn't sell it. At least that was the case in Canada...

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Why do you assume I have shades that arent accurate? Are you having difficulty with them?

Some shades are better than others sure, but its all about how you apply them, how much, how thick your crown is, how you dilute them with other colors. The C1 and C2 changs liquid is awesome, C3 is too intense, which is fine, but I dont use it too much, when I do I regret it. I color a shade or half shade down then adjust the chroma with insycn stain. Getting the value right is the key, and changs glass grey or ice grey has been working great, it will take it as grey as you want.. again all in the amount applied, and thickness of material..

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Really? I havent had any issues ordering it from ivoclar, its on their webshop. They had buy 3 get 1 free at the end of the year, cant beat that..

L

labtek

Reaction score
Why do you assume I have shades that arent accurate? Are you having difficulty with them?

Some shades are better than others sure, but its all about how you apply them, how much, how thick your crown is, how you dilute them with other colors. The C1 and C2 changs liquid is awesome, C3 is too intense, which is fine, but I dont use it too much, when I do I regret it. I color a shade or half shade down then adjust the chroma with insycn stain. Getting the value right is the key, and changs glass grey or ice grey has been working great, it will take it as grey as you want.. again all in the amount applied, and thickness of material..
Are you using Changs liquids for all of your shades? I use Origin liquids and they are close, but not good enough in my opinion. So, yes I am still looking for a shading system that is more accurate.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Yes I use changs liquid for every shade, but NOT on nexxzrT, if youre looking for something in a vita shade, Im afraid that is an abstract idea. I think for the most part the colors are just diluted hues. Use them just like stains or porcelain. Make chips of each shade at full saturation, then if you need to add a drop of b2 to your c3 to get some yellow, or add some a2 to your d2 to limit the brown.. then make chips of those. If you want perfect shades I dont think theres an out of the bottle remedy. Ive tried the ivoclar stains and they are good, but cant justify buying a whole set and experimenting too much, I have good luck with the changs. Its the most intense ive found, but havent tried many others, only amanns, sagemax colors, and a few ivoclar. Ivoclar is pushing the nexxzrT liquids but unless they are a different formula, like I said before, they dont saturate very much and are muted or 'pastel' colors after firing on nexxzr+.

Top Bottom