(Sagemax) NexxZr Plus Competition - Chance to win $10,000

Brent Harvey

Brent Harvey

Ratings
274 4
Sagemax is ready to take the next step to revolutionize how you think of anterior restorations. NexxZr Anterior zirconia is specifically designed for the anterior region. Its high natural translucency and high strength (over 1000 MPa) mean it can effectively be used for full contour single units and bridges. We guarantee you’ll never look at zirconia the same way again.

Sagemax is hosting a competition to find the best NexxZr Anterior full contour zirconia bridge. Before it’s released, you’ll have the exclusive opportunity to work with this new material and compete against your peers for cash prizes up to $10,000 and bragging rights.

Sign up at the Sagemax booth during LMT Chicago Lab Day and take a closer look at NexxZr Anterior for yourself. Check out our website, www.sagemax.com, for additional information.

To qualify, applicants must have a CAD/CAM milling system capable of accepting 98mm discs with a step, or 95mm discs compatible with ZirkonZahn CAD/CAM mills. Sagemax will provide the model for a 6-unit bridge, numbers 9-14. One pre-shaded A2 disc per facility will be provided to be milled and finished. There should be no porcelain used on the bridge for this competition.

100 applicants will be selected to compete. Sagemax will notify applicants of their acceptance and provide each laboratory with a number that must be etched on the inside of the bridge for identification purposes. The numbering system is used to ensure anonymity and fair judgement. Winners will be chosen by the public and your peers.

A panel of technicians will narrow down the list of entries to 10 for the public to vote on. The top 10 entries will be photographed and put on our website. There you will have a chance to vote for your favorite.

Winners must disclose the techniques used to achieve the final results, including sintering cycles, staining liquids used and techniques of application, milling machine, type of milling and finishing tools, etc. The design file for the winning restorations and all submitted entries become the property of Sagemax Bioceramics, Inc. The winning design may be used by Sagemax for future marketing campaigns.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

40% titanium
Staff member
Ratings
3,842 93
i just finished having this discussion with a dentist over the internet. he said "surely you don't think zirconia is *the most aesthetic* material around" and i gave a tirade about the full contour supertrans brands.

you guys should seriously do more marketing to dentists.

Brent Harvey

Brent Harvey

Ratings
274 4
i just finished having this discussion with a dentist over the internet. he said "surely you don't think zirconia is *the most aesthetic* material around" and i gave a tirade about the full contour supertrans brands.

you guys should seriously do more marketing to dentists.
This is exactly what we are doing this year. On top of everything this NexxZr Anterior Zirconia is 1000Mpa and is still a tetragonal Zirconia not a cubic zirconia so you are not limited to what you can do. Also a much higher toughness.. We have a major marketing budget for dentist this year, very excited about this!!

Car 54

Car 54

Ratings
2,442 28
Sagemax is ready to take the next step to revolutionize how you think of anterior restorations. NexxZr Anterior zirconia -------
---------------
Winners must disclose the techniques used to achieve the final results, including sintering cycles, staining liquids used and techniques of application, milling machine, type of milling and finishing tools, etc. The design file for the winning restorations and all submitted entries become the property of Sagemax Bioceramics, Inc. The winning design may be used by Sagemax for future marketing campaigns.
This is the part that I really appreciate, Brent, "how and what did you do and use to get the winning results" so we all can glean from their technique with your product. It may help limit the learning curve for many of us. Somebody thought this contest through.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

40% titanium
Staff member
Ratings
3,842 93
This is exactly what we are doing this year. On top of everything this NexxZr Anterior Zirconia is 1000Mpa and is still a tetragonal Zirconia not a cubic zirconia so you are not limited to what you can do. Also a much higher toughness.. We have a major marketing budget for dentist this year, very excited about this!!
so 5YTZP?

Brent Harvey

Brent Harvey

Ratings
274 4
This is the part that I really appreciate, Brent, "how and what did you do and use to get the winning results" so we all can glean from their technique with your product. It may help limit the learning curve for many of us. Somebody thought this contest through.
Thank you Car!! we put allot of time in this NexxZr Anterior. On the product and how we will market this to Dentist and Labs.

Brent Harvey

Brent Harvey

Ratings
274 4
we will be hosting a separate NexxZr Anterior competition for Europe. Once we finish competition in USA you will see the Europe competition to Follow!!

Brent Harvey

Brent Harvey

Ratings
274 4
Canadianada allowed? if so i think i'd be down.
that is something we are debating right now. Weather to do a separate Competition for Canada as well or wrap Canada in with USA.. ill get back to you on that CoolHandLuke.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Ratings
3,100 35
The model dictates everything.... 'IF" No wild rotation or staggering of teeth to match the contralateral side it will be tough to get a huge difference in creativity.

Brent take a photo of the model work that is being distributed, I am interested in how wild I can get on the design to give me an edge in colorizing . Contour is everything and if the contra is flat and boring it will be much harder to make things look exciting.

I suggest doing an anterior only bridge from 6 to 11 to bring out more creativity, but I am just some silly lab owner :)

Lastly will you be doing a chemical evaluation after judging to make sure it's your brand of Zirc??? "evil grin"

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Ratings
1,130 24
Quote: Sagemax is hosting a competition to find the best NexxZr Anterior full contour zirconia bridge. Before it’s released, you’ll have the exclusive opportunity to work with this new material and compete against your peers for cash prizes up to $10,000 and bragging rights.

So I'm guessing cash and prizes up to 10k doesn't mean there's a 10k first place prize? Hmmmm2Questionmark

Brent Harvey

Brent Harvey

Ratings
274 4
Quote: Sagemax is hosting a competition to find the best NexxZr Anterior full contour zirconia bridge. Before it’s released, you’ll have the exclusive opportunity to work with this new material and compete against your peers for cash prizes up to $10,000 and bragging rights.

So I'm guessing cash and prizes up to 10k doesn't mean there's a 10k first place prize? Hmmmm2Questionmark
ha ha. Let me lay out the prizes up to 3rd place.

1st place $10,000
2nd place $5,000
3rd place $2,000

Hope this helps clear things up.

Guest Room
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot:
    Room has been pruned!
    Chat Bot: Room has been pruned!