"S-Wall" on upper denture??

D

dabox

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

my first thread on the forum,even tho i was reading a lot. I will really appreciate if anyone knows something about term "S-Walll"( or at least that`s how one of the customers named it).
It is something related of building up the palatal area of 6 to 11 so the patient can pronounce S sounds.
Again any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!
Bob

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Need to diagnose whether it is a lisping/air leaking, or tongue crowding. If too bulky already
and tongue is crowded, building it up would only make it worse.
Does the patient have some muscle deficit, stroke, etc?
LCM

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

my first thread on the forum,even tho i was reading a lot. I will really appreciate if anyone knows something about term "S-Walll"( or at least that`s how one of the customers named it).
It is something related of building up the palatal area of 6 to 11 so the patient can pronounce S sounds.
Again any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!
Bob
You can do this quite easily clinically....not in lab...It can be established by covering the wax-up with some tissue conditioner and allowing the patient to make some sounds....this will shape the final contour of the denture flanges while going through the sequence of sibilant and fricative sounds....takes about fifteen minutes. I fully intend on incorporating this technique into practice. Some call it a functional impression....I prefer to call it functional contouring. Turbyfill has started with a technique which gets one into the ball park but it needs refining.

D

dabox

Reaction score
Thank you all for help and guidance. I assumed this should`ve be done chair-side by dentist. I built up the palatal of 6 through 11 additional and dentist was able to adjust it as necessary afterwards.

Thanks again!
Bob