RPD non metal design for exocad help

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
So I'm aware that there are workarounds for many things that do not have a module in exocad. I am having trouble with trying to do RPD (non metal) and Flipper designs with an opposing included in the DB. Most tutorials only have the operative arch with no opposing. So I know how to do the design and which settings are preferred but no luck with incorporating the opposing. Please help as even on a good guess scenario there are so many issues that can arise with improper setting of teeth (occlusion,function,esthetics, etc). How do I incorporate the opposing in the DB with the workarounds without running into errors galore.

E

erzdaemon

Reaction score
You would just indicate the teeth as Anatomic crowns (pontics, secondary telescope, anything possible) before starting the partiaCad module, you can then add any parts to the partial.

You basically just do your anatomic parts for which the opposing is needed in CAD and when done open the PartialCad module, where they can be added to the RPD.

I work that way e.g.: with secondary telescopes (full anatomic sometimes) as part of the the RPD.

Hope i understood your problem right, don't hesitate to point out if i am mistaking something.

DigiSculpt Design Center

DigiSculpt Design Center

Reaction score
Does it not let you expert -> Tools -> Add/Remove Mesh -> Antagonist or Generic Visualization Mesh ?

E

erzdaemon

Reaction score
Does it not let you expert -> Tools -> Add/Remove Mesh -> Antagonist or Generic Visualization Mesh ?

PartialCad (if mightymouse is referring to it at all) is a complete seperate module, it doesn't work that way.

I just double checked and what you can do if you have an antagonist scan is at least "Cut" your RPD on it.

In PartialCad click on "Add Parts" > "Settings" > select "Anatagonist" in the dropdown menu > checkbox "acitive" > click "remove from wax" > hit "apply".

Your RPD has to be the "green wax" still ofc when doing this.

If you want the fancy editing stuff like DigiSculpt's suggestion, do the CAD first with your full anatomic parts.

Alsoalso the superfancy stuff with Antaganist ( heighten/lower bite,using virtual Articulator ) will only work in CAD, or you must manually export/import adjusted bites in PartialCad ( rename the files after being finished in CAD).

Alsoalsoalso i didn't check the date on this topic *facepalm

Last edited:
Top Bottom