rotation mystery

doug

doug

Reaction score
I had to come back and make a comment that everyone here would know. I think you got a bad batch!

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
"A few" means it's a repeatable and intermittent problem. Time to play Quincy.
You verify xray
you check scan body (hopefully with a control)
There is always the possibility of a computer glitch, but my money is on Argen Error or Dr. Error.

Lying Hugh Laurie GIF by PeacockTV

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
"A few" means it's a repeatable and intermittent problem. Time to play Quincy.
You verify xray
you check scan body (hopefully with a control)
There is always the possibility of a computer glitch, but my money is on Argen Error or Dr. Error.

Lying Hugh Laurie GIF by PeacockTV
Argen prints the model which matches the design. Same for Straumann milling of the abutment. I should receive new scan bodies today which I can exchange for the old ones.

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
I had a Dr actually be truthful in a similar situation… told me that after he took the scan and put the healing cap back on he may might have over torqued it and the implant may have spun. He waited a while to give more time to integrate. Took a new scan and sure enough the rotational timing was off by almost a hex….

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
hy would the library change from a few months ago? Should I have Straumann reinstall the dme file?
It could be on the manufacturing side, since you outsource it is harder pinpoint the problem

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I had a Dr actually be truthful in a similar situation… told me that after he took the scan and put the healing cap back on he may might have over torqued it and the implant may have spun. He waited a while to give more time to integrate. Took a new scan and sure enough the rotational timing was off by almost a hex….
if they are over-torquing that much, there needs to be a new healing period before loading IMHO
otherwise they risk the change of stopping the integration all together

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
Yep, told to leave it alone for a couple months before I made him a final...

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
The annotation has to be right in the middle , it can’t be to the side.
The annotation marks the cutout for the scan body scan in Trios. There’s no marking the scan body. I m not sure I understand what you mean, sorry.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Update
Straumann has sent new scan bodies ..3 at no charge., yes you heard that right.
They also downloaded new dme files so let's see if that solves the issue.
Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

A

adl

Reaction score
The annotation marks the cutout for the scan body scan in Trios. There’s no marking the scan body. I m not sure I understand what you mean, sorry.
I was thinking about the step when you start designing the abutment. My bad , I should have been clearer.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I was thinking about the step when you start designing the abutment. My bad , I should have been clearer.
no problem
I think you are referring to the annotation applied in the software when scanning an implant model rather than from an IOS.

A

adl

Reaction score
no problem
I think you are referring to the annotation applied in the software when scanning an implant model rather than from an IOS.
I get core files from encode cases and a lot of times I have to adjust for that . Those are all IOS . So , they design the abutment , I check it and then I get a core file that I use to design my crown from.

A

adl

Reaction score
no problem
Sometimes my doctors use Creodent scan bodies and I design the whole thing , abutment , crown , dim model and I send out the abutment and model and do the crowns in house. I’m sure on those type of cases I have to set the annotation. Who knows anymore? Leave it to high tech to screw up something.