Rotated Implant ( Argen )

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I'm not knocking Argen just trying to figure out whats going on. I've been having hit or miss results so thought I would post some photos and maybe you guys can see something I'm missing. The abutment is rotated. Thoughts on what I may be doing wrong.

Attachments

• 20180921_235737.jpg
    20180921_235737.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 86
  • 20180921_235952.jpg
    20180921_235952.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 85
  • 20180921_235601.jpg
    20180921_235601.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 20180921_235820.jpg
    20180921_235820.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 89
A

adl

Reaction score
I'm not knocking Argen just trying to figure out whats going on. I've been having hit or miss results so thought I would post some photos and maybe you guys can see something I'm missing. The abutment is rotated. Thoughts on what I may be doing wrong.
If you are using 3Shape, make sure your annotation is right . If it’s just a bit off it will do that

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
With a scan flag, I always like to have the orientation with the flat side to the buccal (as close as I can) and set the annotation on the flat lower bevel edge.
It seems to be 1 hex off, not like the impression coping was incorrectly orientated in the impression, which would be a greater discrepancy?

Last edited:
sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
This problem seems to have surfaced with the launch of their new line of abutments. but I cant seem to put my finger on it..

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
I’ve had that happen with Argen and 3Shape updates before.. but that was quite a while ago.
There probably is not an error on your part.. new order, rescan/Design, and have them look at the design file before sending.

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
I had a problem with that recently. They are changing their libraries and I was supposed to select the "old" abutment in the library... except that I only had one choice... the person had given me the new one only. Anyway, they helped me fix it and I haven't had a rotation problem since. Their customer service has been excellent so far so you'd do best to give them a call.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I spoke with Argen this morning. Did a little Team Viewer . They didnt see anything wrong. They suggested I just redo and they will re mill.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Argens customer service is definitely top notch! A+ IMO

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
If you are using 3Shape, make sure your annotation is right . If it’s just a bit off it will do that

It has nothing to do with the annotation. The design is correct, but the output is incorrect.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
1) The abutment alignment was incorrect. Reset the order and "Rescan" the case. Check the alignment of the scan body. Most of the time this is the issue.

2) The analog that is provided is not timed properly. Double check the hex placement in the design and to what it is on the model. (It will be off if you did not align the scan body properly)

3) There could have been an issue during the milling process but highly unlikely.

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
I had this same issue with Argen once. Did you modify your order at ALL? If you modify the order and change the tiniest thing, it'll throw things WAAAAY out of whack.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Had this issue on 4 abutment right when they launched their gen two line, two different blank holder and two different blanks. Use error on Argens end blank style 1 went in blank holder two causing the rotation. But since then they have fixed or changed that issue, I would just re upload it.

And Anotations have absolutley nothing to do with this issue. It is purely user error on Argens end.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Had this issue on 4 abutment right when they launched their gen two line, two different blank holder and two different blanks. Use error on Argens end blank style 1 went in blank holder two causing the rotation. But since then they have fixed or changed that issue, I would just re upload it.

And Anotations have absolutley nothing to do with this issue. It is purely user error on Argens end.

Yep. Exactly.

Top Bottom