Rosen Screw Library

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
I have heard the Rosenscrew and Powerball screw names come up recently but I don't know a ton about them. There is a Dr. I know who likes the Rosenscrew for straight to MUA PMMA temporaries. I potentially have the opportunity to do some design work for him but when I went to import the Rosenscrew library to 3shape I got a message that it couldn't be imported do to not having some proper FDA approval information. From my understanding FDA approval is not the same in regards to parts straight to MUA because an MUA is an abutment and not subject to the same regulation that a part that is going straight to the implant. So if that is correct I should be able to design/mill with Rosenscrews in mind, I would just need a round about for the library.

Has anybody else worked with these within 3Shape? If so any ideas on getting the library into 3Shape? Could I potentially download one of the other libraries and build it into 3Shape manually? I also brought up the Dess direct to MUA screws and library as a possible alternative if this can't get figured out.

The second part of my question is for milling. I know that to mill some interfaces you would need flat end tooling, would milling an MUA/Rosenscrew interface need flat tooling? Or does the tapered interface for the screw negate that? I have the same question for the Dess library, though I would assume that milling the DESS interface would require a flat ended tool

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
rosenscrew.com the libraries are listed there, you will then need the Rosen Screw template so call me.

for powerball, similar story except i can't help you get the library, but i can get you a milling template for it.

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
Sorry, to clarify, I did download the rosenscrew libary from there website, I just got this error importing it to 3Shape.

I did put in a call for the template and related questions

Attachments

• fda error.JPG
    fda error.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 42
E

ExoEmil

Reaction score
rosenscrew.com the libraries are listed there, you will then need the Rosen Screw template so call me.

for powerball, similar story except i can't help you get the library, but i can get you a milling template for it.
Have you had any issues long term with either on straight to mua zr hybrids? We just stopped completely years ago after having issues. Everything zr here is over abutment/ti base or bars.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Have you had any issues long term with either on straight to mua zr hybrids? We just stopped completely years ago after having issues. Everything zr here is over abutment/ti base or bars.
i do cadcam support, not lab work. whatever my customers want to do i help them do it.

Rtyrelw

Rtyrelw

Reaction score
Sorry, to clarify, I did download the rosenscrew libary from there website, I just got this error importing it to 3Shape.

I did put in a call for the template and related questions
Did you get this resolved cause I'm haveing the same issue

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
Did you get this resolved cause I'm haveing the same issue
It's a bit complicated but a long story short, you aren't going to be able to use Rosen Screws in 3Shape unless you really know what you are doing and are willing to pull some shenanigans. It is because 3Shape libraries have to be FDA approved and such and the Rosen Screws are direct to MUA and depending who you talk to you can get different answers as to whether it is cleared by the FDA or not for a lab to make that part. That said the library itself is not so 3Shape won't accept it. ( I was told I could use a VPN to appear to be in a different country then install a different countries 3Shape to circumvent and that is a big no for me).

All that said, it works in Exocad

V

VicG

Reaction score

Would you be able to share the Rosen screw milling template with me? I'm just getting into milling these, and the screw channel I find is too tight. Using Millbox at the moment.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i don't make templates for millbox

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
why are we doing these again? to avoid 2-400 in components?
are there other reasons?

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
Well, in the situation that started the post, I received a case design where the doctor wanted direct to MUA using a Rosin screw so I was trying to accommodate. That said, I don't know all the reasons but one is to reduce the number of connections while also eliminating cement so that reduces a potential failure. Less connection points also means smoother emergence profile that is easier to keep clean. From my understanding and experience it is also easier to mill an MUA perfectly than to get a Ti base to fit with zero side to side movement. Because of this it still makes sense to cement on a verified cast, whereas with direct to MUA, if you are using accurate enough scan data (so utilizing more than just an intraoral scanner) you can mill directly from scan data and not require a verified cast. Of course, whether any individuals lab and milling equipment is up to the task of milling these accurately enough is another question. Also the FDA approval side is another question that I know is hashed out on here somewhere.

At the end of the day, I can't pretend to have the knowledge to say which is better in the long run. I like the concept of the Rosin screw and I definitely think it is a bigger deal than just saving money on Ti bases. But I don't know if there are any negative repercussions for long term restorations.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
ty, that is the perfect answer imo

C

chichi01

Reaction score

can you give me the Rosen Screw template for try out?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Are you an Axsys customer?

C

CADGuy

Reaction score

Hello. I know this is an old post, but would there be any way to get the Rosin as well as the Powerball screw templates for Hyperdent from you. I have two cases where there are space limitations and straight to MU would be good solutions. Thanks in advance

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
if you are an Axsys customer call us monday morning and we'll organize it for you.

C

CADGuy

Reaction score
Not a current customer but can look into becoming one. I’ll give them a call Monday and see what it involves.

C

CADGuy

Reaction score
OK. We are getting setup with Axsys and should be good on that front. Unfortunately, our mill went down and am now coordinating repairs. Will contact you once we are back up and running to get this going. Thanks.