K

Kamal

Reaction score
Roland dwx50 spindle over heat after changing bearing

D

DaveId

Solutions
Reaction score
Usually, if something goes wrong after you did something, it's the thing you did that is to blame. Perhaps something wasn't put back together properly? I would re-do the process checking for anything unusual.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Usually, if something goes wrong after you did something, it's the thing you did that is to blame. Perhaps something wasn't put back together properly? I would re-do the process checking for anything unusual.
And a part that came out of a new bag isn't always a good part.

When I worked on office equipment I replaced a copiers motherboard 3x with bad 'brand new' boards straight from the factory. Whew that was a while ago!

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Did you grease it ? I've learned over the years how important greasing is...now I grease everything. It may not help, but sure makes a lot of mess...Stupido2

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
Can’t remember for sure but if it is a belt and pulley system, the alignment and belt tension is extremely important. If not correct, these can cause havoc on the bearings and cause heat related problems.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Can’t remember for sure but if it is a belt and pulley system, the alignment and belt tension is extremely important. If not correct, these can cause havoc on the bearings and cause heat related problems.
It is only a small 100w motor and a very thin belt... I don't remember having a tensioner either

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
It is only a small 100w motor and a very thin belt... I don't remember having a tensioner either
Can you spin the motor freely by hand with no noise?
Does it overheat without a load?

Again not knowing the system:
Are the bearings directional (i.e. angular contact) Are they installed with up being up /down being down?
Make sure all elements are "square" or parallel to each other as required.
Sometimes there are alignment pins for secure positioning - make sure they are clean and you can fit securely
Make sure mating faces are clean of debris and mount flush
make sure pulleys are aligned properly (vertically)
If no tensioner there may just be play in the mounts to adjust tension - not too much nor too little.
It could be just a bad motor
spindle driver could be bad or in need of adjustment

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
Can you spin the motor freely by hand with no noise?
Does it overheat without a load?

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
I spoke to Toland about the same issue 2 weeks ago and they told me they do not sell the bearings separately. I am wondering where did you get them? Were they originals? And yes they said it needs to be greases with the same material that comes with the spindle. Looks like Vaseline.

C

cosmetic1

Reaction score
Did you replace the bearing yourself? If so, it is better to clean the parts and reassemble in a clean place.
And if possible, it's better to put new bearings in.

Garland Dental Services Roland DWX-50 Spindle Bearing Kit $140.00​

eBay NTN 6801ZZ BEARING METAL SEALED 6801 ZZ 12x21x5 mm JAPAN US $17.75 ea
But In most cases, NSK will be sent.
Factry spindle last over 2000hr but In the case of rebuilding, it will not last as long as a new one.

K

komul9876

Reaction score
Hello. Can you help me with how to disassemble the spindle of DWX50 to change the bearing?
I would appreciate it if you could help me with how to do it since you have experience.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Hello. Can you help me with how to disassemble the spindle of DWX50 to change the bearing?
I would appreciate it if you could help me with how to do it since you have experience.
Read here ...Ciao

C

cosmetic1

Reaction score
Hold the spindle in a vise. Loosen the end cap with an adjustable wrench. Tap the collet lightly to release the contents. After that, disassemble it, put in a new bearing, and reassemble it in the same direction as when you removed it.
If you do it yourself, you should buy a new spindle and try again. Also, if you are not confident, you can take it to a machine shop and they will do it for you at a reasonable price.

K

komul9876

Reaction score
Hold the spindle in a vise. Loosen the end cap with an adjustable wrench. Tap the collet lightly to release the contents. After that, disassemble it, put in a new bearing, and reassemble it in the same direction as when you removed it.
If you do it yourself, you should buy a new spindle and try again. Also, if you are not confident, you can take it to a machine shop and they will do it for you at a reasonable price.
Hello.
Thank you for your reply. which machine shop should I go to?
Please let me know if you have any names or ideas.

T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
Look up local machine shops in the phone book (they don't have good online presences) and call a few, get quotes. Whoever is local to you is best. Calling people and giving them your requirements and getting a few quotes is the only way to do this.