Roland dwx 51d. Milling blocks not disks

D

D Faulkner

Reaction score
Has anyone used the.9 pin adapter to mill Vita enamic and other materials
I have some crystal ultra blocks similar to enamic, and have milling one crown using sum 3d.
But wound up milling into the metal holder on the block a bit , it's hard to figure out.

D

D Faulkner

Reaction score
Thought I'd post photo cause don't think anyone uses this, no info on the internet.
If the material wasn't so expensive I'd like to use it alott. After milling just polish and done. No ten more hr in furnace.

D

D Faulkner

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, but that's easy part, although block and adapter need allot more torque down than Z disk.

D

D Faulkner

Reaction score
My problem is creating stock software only has 98mm disk, as far as I know.
The show or hide hardware is where I found the adapter. But I can't remember how I got to a window that popped up where you can put numbers 1 -9 so mill knows we're block is placed.

D

D Faulkner

Reaction score
Cap is my retail, the tech I talked to quite awhile ago didn't know anything About it.
Said they had no strategy's for it. Weird cause that was a selling point for the mill
Authorized by Vita to dry mill with adapter.
Like I said if it was more affordable I would be selling it to doctors, so nice to mill and be done. Right now I'm having to do three separate sinter programs cause three different zirconia, what a pain.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
so you just eyeballed it? kinda put a unit in the round 98mm disc and hoped it was close?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
when you start a new project sum3d gives you the chance for "changing machines" one of them should be a same version of the 9pin holder in the dwx51d

D

D Faulkner

Reaction score
so you just eyeballed it? kinda put a unit in the round 98mm disc and hoped it was close?
Well I somehow got the window to come up and put #1 then put block in one.
And yes after that eyballed.
Not the best cause mill into metal lucky it aluminum.

D

D Faulkner

Reaction score
I can bring the pin adapter up, but what your saying is maybe a new machine would give more stock options etc.
I'll be at work little later, maybe I'll wait till.i can be there to take a few more pics, and try recommendation. Thanks

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
nono, i am not suggesting you get a new machine.

in the "new project" button you should be given a choice of optins, first what name the project has, secondly the material, thirdly the machine you are using, there should be an option to change the machine, instead of Round disc, to 9 point blocks. this will change the whole workflow of the program.

D

D Faulkner

Reaction score

in the "new project" button you should be given a choice of optins, first what name the project has, secondly the material, thirdly the machine you are using, there should be an option to change the machine, instead of Round disc, to 9 point blocks. this will change the whole workflow of the program.
I got you, understood what your saying, I'll be there soon and try it.

D

D Faulkner

Reaction score

D

D Faulkner

Reaction score
well i select vita enamic then machine but nothing changes as i go threw and try to create new stock.
i did it with every selection listed. i know i select dwx 51d with the special burs designed to mil;l hybrid material
and it picks them up from the second row. but no change only option 98mm round disk.
i gotta take off maybe mess with it tomorrow. thanks again