Roland 52D shift z-axis (

D

dantistrc

Reaction score
Hello colleagues! help please A sudden floating fault has occurred. The machine began to saw in roughing deeper than it should. Z offset. The machine has run 600 hours. Clean calibrated, zanga tightened. There are no backlashes on any axles. It will normally cut out the garbage. If you make bars 1.5mm, he will cut them. But apparently this happens with the first 2mm cutter. At high bars, the crown does not fall out and the 1mm cutter cuts the air around the rough.

KingGhidorah

KingGhidorah

Reaction score
Common issue with rolands, you’ll find a couple threads about it. Rolands QC sucks nowadays, combined with the fact they use cheap metals for the housing of the unit, which cause warping over time you end up with a sucky mill. There’s a Z axis calibration you can do that involves taking off four screws that hold the little zirc holder together. You’ll probably need help from tech support, so just reach out to them. Good chance though that won’t fix it either.

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
Hello colleagues! help please A sudden floating fault has occurred. The machine began to saw in roughing deeper than it should. Z offset. The machine has run 600 hours. Clean calibrated, zanga tightened. There are no backlashes on any axles. It will normally cut out the garbage. If you make bars 1.5mm, he will cut them. But apparently this happens with the first 2mm cutter. At high bars, the crown does not fall out and the 1mm cutter cuts the air around the rough.
Can you upload some photos. I have issues as well on 52D C-Clamp

Attachments

• 62D54963-045B-454F-9834-72B39B707979.jpeg
    62D54963-045B-454F-9834-72B39B707979.jpeg
    336.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 8877B45B-04E2-4621-8E37-A61D333C5436.jpeg
    8877B45B-04E2-4621-8E37-A61D333C5436.jpeg
    351.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 0AED5ACC-4154-4140-BEEF-A10FB670C2CB.jpeg
    0AED5ACC-4154-4140-BEEF-A10FB670C2CB.jpeg
    375.3 KB · Views: 31
  • AEFF21DC-9B10-46FA-BDB7-66E8B762D0EC.jpeg
    AEFF21DC-9B10-46FA-BDB7-66E8B762D0EC.jpeg
    359.4 KB · Views: 34
npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
Holy crap, when did Rolands start chewing on zirconia instead of milling it? I hope people start checking here before buying Rolands.

That said, way back in the day while using a Roland DW-50 (the last Roland I liked) we had a problem that nothing seemed to fix, finally found out that one of the axis rails needed to be greased and it was causing some stuttering. Now I don't believe that the 52 utilizes those rails so that is probably not the issue. But it is worth thinking outside of the box a little and consider what could be binding or not moving freely to cause the results your seeing (if you've already worn out the usual fixes)

Lastly, raise hell with Roland, it seems that they need to take a hint and get their **** together

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
Holy crap, when did Rolands start chewing on zirconia instead of milling it? I hope people start checking here before buying Rolands.

That said, way back in the day while using a Roland DW-50 (the last Roland I liked) we had a problem that nothing seemed to fix, finally found out that one of the axis rails needed to be greased and it was causing some stuttering. Now I don't believe that the 52 utilizes those rails so that is probably not the issue. But it is worth thinking outside of the box a little and consider what could be binding or not moving freely to cause the results your seeing (if you've already worn out the usual fixes)

Lastly, raise hell with Roland, it seems that they need to take a hint and get their **** together
We have non stop issues problems after problems. Im tired of this mill. Created a support ticket with them happens to 2 of our 52d mills. Had to replace spindle couple months ago.

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
We have non stop issues problems after problems. Im tired of this mill. Created a support ticket with them happens to 2 of our 52d mills. Had to replace spindle couple months ago.
I used to be a big fan of Roland, the 50 was an absolute workhorse for zirconia and wax. Unfortunately the 51 and 52s seem plagued by problems and it doesn't seem like Roland is doing much to improve the situation.

All mills will have problems and need support. How the company responds and solves the problem is a huge deal. That is why I am now a fan of Axsys Versamills, I get to talk to people knowledgeable about milling who care about helping find solutions. Well worth the extra costs imo

KingGhidorah

KingGhidorah

Reaction score
Raise hell how? lol they dont have a customer support line and if you make a support ticket, ive strait up seen where they send automated messages saying the issue is fixed and your support ticket has been closed, all while ignoring all your emails. Companies going down the drain, time to short those stocks

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
Raise hell how? lol they dont have a customer support line and if you make a support ticket, ive strait up seen where they send automated messages saying the issue is fixed and your support ticket has been closed, all while ignoring all your emails. Companies going down the drain, time to short those stocks
Just reply those emails. They will reply it. If you get lucky they will reply within the hour or the same day. Their support sucks and they send third party techs to replace parts. This probably the reason they don’t have phone support.

I would never recommend anyone to buy their mills.

KingGhidorah

KingGhidorah

Reaction score
Just reply those emails. They will reply it. If you get lucky they will reply within the hour or the same day. Their support sucks and they send third party techs to replace parts. This probably the reason they don’t have phone support.

I would never recommend anyone to buy their mills.
tried. they just ignore the emails if it suits them. they dont wanta deal with stuff so if you are sending them emails that involves them actually having to do work then they dont reply. at least thats what i found

D

dantistrc

Reaction score
Hello! My problem was that this is not the original software. The latest version of MilBox apparently has such protection. Is she handmade? I cannot confirm. But it seems to me that if this is so, then this is a humane measure for using non-original software ... After installing an older version, everything immediately became clear. So far I have no complaints about the kinematics of the machine, for the operation and long life of the machine you need a good vacuum cleaner, and a refrigeration-type dryer for compressed air.

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
You mean reseller version of millbox? That’s what we have been using. today got a lot of defective milled crown...broken bur. So i sent the support file to CIMS they confirm my reseller version of strategy is outdated/never updated. Yes i specifically ask them if they have update and they say no. SO cims confirm my issue is software related, i know we have some hardware issues as well. So will be running DGShape version, my reseller will not support other version. So im switching reseller and use open version of millbox that is DGShape version.

We had been really unlucky wtih these machines, when we first bought it, we had board issue, took 3months to replace. Then it goes on and on.

Good vacuum cleaner? We use Quattro iVac Twin. Is this good enough? We do have compressor as one is supposed to. But I’m not sure about the refrigeration-type dryer you are talking about. I think there is one. One of my problem is that these mills are not under a controlled environment. This is one of my concern.

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Remember, there is no universal fix for roland machines, what works for one does not work for others. My 52dc worked perfectly at the beginning, but after some time and numerous firmware and software updates things got bad. Also big problem was with milling burs, the quality went down (I was using datron burs). Today I upgraded 52dc and dci machines to newest firmware and updates vpanel. I can see if anything changed after holyday but I dont get my hopes up.

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
Remember, there is no universal fix for roland machines, what works for one does not work for others. My 52dc worked perfectly at the beginning, but after some time and numerous firmware and software updates things got bad. Also big problem was with milling burs, the quality went down (I was using datron burs). Today I upgraded 52dc and dci machines to newest firmware and updates vpanel. I can see if anything changed after holyday but I dont get my hopes up.
thats true about the universal fix you mentioned. The past two day i had a crappy day, my reseller version of millbox really screwed... lots of chipping and remill after remill more than 20 units of zirconia down the drain 4 brand new broken tools 140$ each...finally cims system made a fix for us specially. so nice for them to do that which my reseller wont even care about it...they were still using their old strategy. got a call from cims today, they install the updated version they made and bam...lots of diff...no more chipping or anything. So much better...I’m so glad that its better now, but not sure how long it will be.

about milling burs, this is why they recommend using original burS It does makes a lot of diff. But much more expensive Though with quality.

N

Nazar

Reaction score
If you having a problem whith milling like this, probably the machine have lost the center of the block, but calibration should fix that. But if you see that bottom and upper sides of the crown, are milled in a different angle, this might be an issue with the rotary unit

Top Bottom