Roland 52D needing new spindle after only 200 hrs

M

MTDentalTech

Reaction score
Has anyone else been having to replace their spindle this early on their roland? I do about 50/50 zir and pmma. I was just curious if this is a common with other users or if i had bad luck with this spindle.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
that shouldnt be common, and IMHO should be covered under warranty

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Were you using a PMMA specific strategy when cutting PMMA? If you are too aggressive when cutting PMMA it will shorten the spindle life.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
A friend of mine had a spindle go out in the first month on a Roland . It turns out their system for pulling out moisture of the incoming air had failed . (this was on the last gen Roland though)

M

MTDentalTech

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies turns out i miss read the issues that i was having milling as the spindle going, it was just an issue with nesting.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies turns out i miss read the issues that i was having milling as the spindle going, it was just an issue with nesting.
What issue were you having and what were the issues in nesting that caused them?

M

MTDentalTech

Reaction score
I was having it mill out with a bunch of chips covering the teeth. It turns out that when i designed and nested it got a rough texture over the design and it milled out those chips. I just missed it in nesting but it looked like classic signs of a spindle going out. A perfect example of user error and rushing, then making an assumption it was the tools fault.

R

Rockmuscle

Reaction score
Has anyone else been having to replace their spindle this early on their roland? I do about 50/50 zir and pmma. I was just curious if this is a common with other users or if i had bad luck with this spindle.
I have a DWX 4W and my spindle ran only 244hrs. The service of Roland sucks. It was giving me problems after 200 hrs, But it was under warranty and Zahn guys fixed it without replacing the spindle. Now it is totally gone. Zahn wants nothing to do with it even though I bought it from them. They directed me to Roland. They want me to mail in the mill .They initially promised me that they will send in someone to fix it inhouse. Do you know someone who will do the service inhouse? I don't even have the box to mail it to them. How much does a new spindle cost?