Roland 52D needing new spindle after only 200 hrs

M

MTDentalTech

Has anyone else been having to replace their spindle this early on their roland? I do about 50/50 zir and pmma. I was just curious if this is a common with other users or if i had bad luck with this spindle.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

that shouldnt be common, and IMHO should be covered under warranty

Reactions: JMN
Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Donator
Were you using a PMMA specific strategy when cutting PMMA? If you are too aggressive when cutting PMMA it will shorten the spindle life.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

A friend of mine had a spindle go out in the first month on a Roland . It turns out their system for pulling out moisture of the incoming air had failed . (this was on the last gen Roland though)

M

MTDentalTech

Thanks for all the replies turns out i miss read the issues that i was having milling as the spindle going, it was just an issue with nesting.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Staff member
Donator
Thanks for all the replies turns out i miss read the issues that i was having milling as the spindle going, it was just an issue with nesting.
What issue were you having and what were the issues in nesting that caused them?

M

MTDentalTech

I was having it mill out with a bunch of chips covering the teeth. It turns out that when i designed and nested it got a rough texture over the design and it milled out those chips. I just missed it in nesting but it looked like classic signs of a spindle going out. A perfect example of user error and rushing, then making an assumption it was the tools fault.

Guest Room
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot:
    Room has been pruned!
    Chat Bot: Room has been pruned!
    Top Bottom