Roland 52D issue

SJ

SJ

Reaction score
Anyone have any cover issues with their 52D milling machine?
Ours keeps stating the cover isn't closed and the blue lights would either keep blinking to indicate it isn't closed or the white lights would stay on as if the cover is opened...
Sometimes it'll "close" and allow me to mill, but other times it will state that the cover is open and I am sitting ducks...

T

thedaveinboise

Reaction score
It is the door sensor. Contact reseller and they can order part, or if under warranty Roland covers cost.

E

erykd1

Reaction score
Had it happen on my 51d. Fixed itself the next day when the tech came out, just some zr dust in the sensor.

SJ

SJ

Reaction score
yeah, just got a cotton swab and with alcohol and wiped it down. Did not work, and the tech told me NOT to push down on the black sensor, but I did anyways (just enough to nudge it a little),and the sensors are in tac again.

JVitto

JVitto

Reaction score
This has been going on with my Roland for over a year, I just open n close the door a few times

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Anyone have any cover issues with their 52D milling machine?
Ours keeps stating the cover isn't closed and the blue lights would either keep blinking to indicate it isn't closed or the white lights would stay on as if the cover is opened...
Sometimes it'll "close" and allow me to mill, but other times it will state that the cover is open and I am sitting ducks...
If the door has the same switch as the DWX50, I put a rubber band on it as if it is closed all the time. I can even open it when it is milling to clean extra zirconia powder. It might have more than one on that cover.