Roland 51 -D Door sensor

M

Melissa P.

Reaction score
Has anyone had an issue with the door sensor causing problems? I am no longer under warranty and the sensor keeps reading the door "open" when it is not. It takes a while before it can sense that it is closed, and this is delaying a lot of my production. Since we are slow is not that big deal, but we are picking up and I wanna know if this is something I can fix. Any suggestions?

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Has anyone had an issue with the door sensor causing problems? I am no longer under warranty and the sensor keeps reading the door "open" when it is not. It takes a while before it can sense that it is closed, and this is delaying a lot of my production. Since we are slow is not that big deal, but we are picking up and I wanna know if this is something I can fix. Any suggestions?
I put a rubber band on mine so it is closed even if I have to open it for one reason or on other. If not try to check the wires or spray some DW40 on it for lubrication.

E

erykd1

Reaction score
Yes! had this exact thing happen to me about a year ago, and luckily it was still under warranty. Of course, the next day the tech came out the problem fixed itself, it was likely some zirc dust in the sensor. Hopefully roland will sell you the part directly, its #1000010534 and I believe its a pair. If you're brave, try opening the sides and see if you can disconnect them and clean them with some compressed air.

M

Melissa P.

Reaction score
Yes! had this exact thing happen to me about a year ago, and luckily it was still under warranty. Of course, the next day the tech came out the problem fixed itself, it was likely some zirc dust in the sensor. Hopefully roland will sell you the part directly, its #1000010534 and I believe its a pair. If you're brave, try opening the sides and see if you can disconnect them and clean them with some compressed air.
Thank You so much for that information!!

Top Bottom