Rodin Sculpture

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
I've been patiently waiting...
If you are unsure what pac-dent makes, they make everything. literally.

I've been fortunate in the sense that i entered the print market totally oblivious and unbiased... a printer wasn't in our initial plan, it wasn't researched, shopped for. neither where the resins... Rodin Sculpture is a product thats on "another level".

the color kit and glaze came in last week and i've had a few minutes with it..

473705B2-CD8B-4BEA-AE2E-4E0AE3C5E904_1_105_c.jpeg

8360F041-4A0C-4FDD-BF4A-E009CD10599E_1_105_c.jpeg

1D5CD2E6-BF59-465A-A9DF-7D5665405D6D_1_105_c.jpeg

5329C6EC-9C53-40C3-9CC5-FFCA9A42CCD2_1_105_c.jpeg

I'll also be loading their model material, Surgical guide material, splint (no purple),Cast..

i'm also working on a banner ;)

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
It's an awesome resin. I'm really looking forward to working with it

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
It looks similar to optiglaze, but more chroma saturated like porcelain staining?
Rodin is 3d printer resin
Edit: those stains looked nice what are those?

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
thats the Rodin palett colors.. made just for Sculpture

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
We are milling Teliocad for our try ins on all on X cases. Would this resin be a good material to use to print these try ins instead of milling them?

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
They came at of nowhere. I say the article with Lee Culp several months ago in JDT. Never really connected the dots because I assumed wrongly they were part of a closed system. Man was I wrong. My $400 Phrozen Mini 4K can print this resin which is crazy for them to do. I did read that you need a nitrogen curing unit in order to get the intended properties for the glaze kit. So Im waiting for Ackuretta’s new nitrogen generated curebox this summer. Before I use the resin. Looks amazing.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Absolutely... i'll send you out a print if you like!
bleach
A1
A3

in its fluid form, it bonds extremely well to sand blasted bases/temp cylinders
We are milling Teliocad for our try ins on all on X cases. Would this resin be a good material to use to print these try ins instead of milling them?

They came at of nowhere. I say the article with Lee Culp several months ago in JDT. Never really connected the dots because I assumed wrongly they were part of a closed system. Man was I wrong. My $400 Phrozen Mini 4K can print this resin which is crazy for them to do. I did read that you need a nitrogen curing unit in order to get the intended properties for the glaze kit. So Im waiting for Ackuretta’s new nitrogen generated curebox this summer. Before I use the resin. Looks amazing.

as i stated... i've been patiently waiting

ottoflash was the standard for this material 6 months ago.
the Rodin Palette kit was developed along side Rodin Sculpture, and was just released. i don't follow their instructions
Nitrogen will definitely change the surface finish for the better, but not so sure there are major benefits beyond that... but its a question i will ask.. about to try glycerine
i've eluded to this material hitting "hobby market" machines.. for 6 months... and yes, every dental resin manufacturer aint happy about it

your surface texture can be printed on "finest".. benefit of the Ackuretta (the SOL)

Last edited:
Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
953C4736-F7C6-468F-948B-AB1213B3EF40_1_105_c.jpeg 702AADC4-48F7-487B-8D37-1CB36BA92D02_1_105_c.jpeg 467399C0-0ABA-4CAF-8894-05A8B117D555_1_105_c.jpeg
C9E95477-C1CA-4624-BCA6-5081759EDDF2_1_105_c.jpeg

A78D4D8E-888A-4AA1-B150-C344CA3A79D7_1_105_c.jpeg

fine grain stains and palaseal 6-8 months ago

DEBE381D-219A-410D-BE3E-547317A8E668_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:
Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Absolutely... i'll send you out a print if you like!
bleach
A1
A3

in its fluid form, it bonds extremely well to sand blasted bases/temp cylinders

as i stated... i've been patiently waiting

ottoflash was the standard for this material 6 months ago.
the Rodin Palette kit was developed along side Rodin Sculpture, and was just released. i don't follow their instructions
Nitrogen will definitely change the surface finish for the better, but not so sure there are major benefits beyond that... but its a question i will ask.. about to try glycerine
i've eluded to this material hitting "hobby market" machines.. for 6 months... and yes, every dental resin manufacturer aint happy about it

your surface texture can be printed on "finest".. benefit of the Ackuretta (the SOL)
We have an Asiga 4K and an Ottoflash. Next time I need to do a case like this, I may try this out. Milling PMMA sucks. Any idea what a bottle of resin sells for?

T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
Looks very cool. What are the mechanical properties? I can't find any datasheets with that info. As always with 3D printed materials, I wanna know how they stack up to conventional milled bulk materials, especially for permanent applications.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
So what do you you expect to charge per unit for this material?

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
. Post-cure RODIN Sculpture in these validated light curing devices: a. Otoflash (recommended) - 4500 flashes** b. Dreve PCU LED N2 – 15min @ 40%** c. Ackuretta Curie – 20min, P9, D2 d. Formlabs Form Cure – 10min @ 40C ** Post curing under vacuum or with inert gas is recommended if applying light cured stains and/or glaze

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
So what do you you expect to charge per unit for this material?

am i printing and delivering to my Dr down the road?
sending to Labs?
doing the final finish?
print/ship only?

I would be just fine charging what anyone charges for milling acrylic. but "my lab costs" are not "your" lab costs.... and area, and, and..

so, are you asking me what i charge? I'm not "the most expensive".. high comparatively, but my impressions don't get sent back. my work gets delivered. it is precise. and i charge.

i am also a brand new lab that is interested in this material for a lot of different reasons. I promote this material because i am impressed with it.
I am also Biased in the fact that i will be providing Training for this material at several locations in the near future, or so the "current plan" goes.

i live in a cali farming community.... i would be burning up an IO scanner and an Ackuretta if i were a dr... yea. dirt cheap chairside crowns...
1.2KG = 599.00+ 60.00 shipping= $659.00/600= 1.10 per crown...
"have the patient go eat a banana for lunch and be back in an hour please".

so.. what would you do with it? what would you charge? everyone thinks ive got time to play D&D, so..
such an open ended question. this technology is moving much faster than you think.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Looks very cool. What are the mechanical properties? I can't find any datasheets with that info. As always with 3D printed materials, I wanna know how they stack up to conventional milled bulk materials, especially for permanent applications.
More than 50% ceramic filler.. bills out as ceramic

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
IMG_0581.jpeg
It looks similar to optiglaze, but more chroma saturated like porcelain staining?
Rodin is 3d printer resin
Edit: those stains looked nice what are those?
it is more saturated.. and much thicker, my tools are different
the glaze is pretty thick, but it does a very nice job of not covering detail, but also i mixed it with red for a final thick (the glaze will thicken.. then gel) glaze on the gingiva and i frigging love the results on both

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Yeah it's quite a interesting question as far as pricing because there is quite a bit of a difference getting into printing as compared to milling cost wise.

Significantly less to get into 3d printing.

I know it's all different in every market. I'm just curious as to how this all fits in.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
and im honestly wondering what i can charge... here on DLN
full arch printing.. to final finish..
i'm betting i can be pretty competitive.. so much you "as a lab" would rather not even bother with the process and cost, or the wear and tear on a mill
these materials are advancing quickly

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
I heard a very good perspective at LMT this year. It was regarding Digital Dentures but the principle applies. To paraphrase it was don’t make the conversation about the quality (as everything you do should already be good quality) but rather inform the doctor is just a different process. Packing dentures compared to injecting them. Acrylic partial vs Thermoplastic partial. Every material has its pros and cons. If quality is always your goal then reaffirm the doctor it’s just a different process to give the patient the best outcome. One that allows you to be more efficient and (we keep this to our selfs) more cost effective for us.