Rocking frame on 5 unit bridge

W

wk2012wk

Reaction score
Keep getting rocking frame work on pfm 3-7. With intermediate abutment of 5. Any advice?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
cast in 2 pieces.
laser weld it into one.
charge accordingly.

having an abutment in the middle is such a pain.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Mill zirconia framework? Send to argen for laser printed metal frame?

G

grantoz

Reaction score
milled cocr frame if you want vmk or milled zirk

C

charles007

Reaction score
Did you survey the bridge to see if it draws ?
If you don't have a surveyor find a lab with a scanner to check ...... send out to Argen or Bego for DPM/print-cast.
Quick solution is waxing thin copings and loot to a metal mandrel or bur and trying to lift off the model
to see if the patterns will draw without breaking the patterns or chipping off the margins.
If the coping draw without breaking the wax patterns your warping is caused by your spruing technique,, maybe the curved sprue bar ?
If that's the case, try direct spruing using reservoir sprues.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Keep getting rocking frame work on pfm 3-7. With intermediate abutment of 5. Any advice?

Abutment is the fulcrum?If so, try heating the abutment with your alcohol torch before putting on the firsf layer of wax. The wax pulls away funny on cold metal and doesn't always stay in the initial design. The more heated the wax is, the worse it will be, so add slowly to the abutment to precent melting all the way to your first/dip layer. How are you taking margins? Do you cut the connectors with monofilament string and rejoin? that can cause the same problem, but the solution is the reverse, use super hot wax and let cappilary action pull it to all the areas after quickly passing your waxknife through the gap. Hope this gives you somrthing to work with that helps. These were the issues that caused my troublez you describe. Your pull-off technique may contribute also, but how you sprue will get you on bridges too. Adding wax till the spruegates are level/even before putting the sprue bar on will reduce the percentage of chance that the wax shrinkage of gate to bar is pulling it out of whack as it can if you add a bunch to one after putting on the others. The more hot wax at one time the greater cooling shrink.Sorry for spelling and style. Tablet giving me fits.

M

Malcolm Graham

Reaction score
I always try and talk the dentist ( and succeed )into stress breaking the bridge. That way the intermediate abutment doesn't become the fulcrum.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score

What answer did you discover to your issues?

W

wk2012wk

Reaction score
Soldering works fine for me. And sometimes I use semi precision