RML-1 Files Cannot Be Interpreted

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
Hi All.

My Roland DWX-50 has been chugging along for years. Today, it's been throwing this error " the RML-1 command from the computer cannot be interpreted". I called Zahn tech support, and determined it wasn't the computer or the cable. I called Roland, but can't get through, and by the sounds of it, their not doing phone support for machines that are out of warranty. After being on hold for a long time, their phone service disconnected me. I've been digging up info online, but there's not a whole lot of help there either. I'm using the old SUM3D that came with the machine. Perhaps that's on it's last leg? This is both a bad time to be down and even worse to spend money on a CAM program.

Any help would be much appreciated. I've already lost half a day on this problem.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
RML-1 is a g-code dialect Rolands prefer, try sending out an older PRN file which worked (without a puck) and see what happens. If you get the same error, then it's most likely the main board need either re-flashing or replacing... if it works then the CAM is the culprit

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
Old files don't work. :( so how do I re-flash the main board?

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
Update: I called Roland back and it was possibly the most awful tech support experience I've had in a while. The first two people were nice enough, but couldn't help. The third guy they transferred me to was clearly distracted and not wanting to help. He asked about Teamviewer,and when I had a problem generating a password, the told me he couldn't help me anyway and I never should have been sent to him.

So, back to square one. I also tried to contact the company that makes Sum3D and no answer there........

Ok, that was more of a rant than useful information... carry on,.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Old files don't work. :( so how do I re-flash the main board?
There must be some utility software which lets you do it, I think only Roland has it. They used to have firmware updates back then, which you could do yourself...haven't released one for the longest time. Here's the latest I got...perhaps it helps

Attachments

• DWX-50 Firmware V2.20.zip
    539 KB · Views: 8
user name

user name

Reaction score
Contact Americana Dental.
Id be shocked if they didnt help

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll give it a shot. I suppose I can't bork the system any more....

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
Oh, just saw this. They don't seem to deal with Roland at this point, but I'll call them.

Edit: I called and you're correct, they're very accommodating. I'm stuck here anyway so hopefully the guy I need to talk to will call me back soon.

Last edited:
Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
I figured it out... kinda feel dumb....Looks like Windows tried to update and restarted in the middle of milling. Went I went to grab the file from VPanel, it went to the wrong folder. Like the idiot I am, I never really checked where the files pull from.

I've been using these programs for a while, I'm a bit ashamed that I don't know the inner workings yet.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Schedule your windows updates to only run one night a week when its followed by a day when you might typically be slow on the digital stuff...but not Friday. Always leave a day when you can contact tech support before the weekend.

Glad you figured itout!

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
Schedule your windows updates to only run one night a week when its followed by a day when you might typically be slow on the digital stuff...but not Friday. Always leave a day when you can contact tech support before the weekend.

Glad you figured itout!
That's usually the case. I've been only "working" once a week, twice at most. We're limping along here. I usually fire up the computers and let them sit for a while, in case they have anything to say. I turned that one on and started milling right away. Seems like I created a perfect storm of disaster for myself.

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
I heard back from the guy at Americana Labs last night. He was happy to know that the issue was resolved but offered to help with anything else in the future. That was the only company that offered help. Even Roland came back with my warranty is up and they can't do phone service.

I'll definitely be giving Americana Labs some business when I can and I'll be setting up with them as a back up milling center. :) Thanks for the suggestion.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I heard back from the guy at Americana Labs last night. He was happy to know that the issue was resolved but offered to help with anything else in the future. That was the only company that offered help. Even Roland came back with my warranty is up and they can't do phone service.

I'll definitely be giving Americana Labs some business when I can and I'll be setting up with them as a back up milling center. :) Thanks for the suggestion.
American Dental rocks. @doug steered me towards them, so he gets all the credit.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
This is DLN at it's best.
We fool around too much for certain unnamed superiors but when a fellow member needs help on anything there is always someone here who has their back.
Have a nice day🦷

Top Bottom