ring sits a few days before burnout

S

Sheph

Reaction score
Hello, I accidentally under estimated the amount of alloy I would need to do a casting. I invested the patterns last night and it being a Saturday I probably wont get the alloy in until Tuesday. Does anyone know if the ring will be ok if it sits for a few days before I burnout and cast? Thank you for your help.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, you place the flask in a shallow dish of water and let re -hydrate for about ten minutes, double check that tho.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Can't remember if it helps or harms trying to re-hydrate ? Definitely run up slow using 2 stage burnout, but don't over heat soak.
You may or may not end up with a rough casting but you shouldn't have a problem.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Can't remember if it helps or harms trying to re-hydrate ? Definitely run up slow using 2 stage burnout, but don't over heat soak.
You may or may not end up with a rough casting but you shouldn't have a problem.

I was thinking the same thing, you can take it to far (re-hydration),and it may crack. Slow 2 stage burn out for sure.
I used to keep the ring under one of the green flexi bowls, or a taller whip mix bowl, but that was just usually for overnight.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
You'll be fine . Slow burnout. No difference then setting the rings in the oven Friday night and haveing them ready for casting at 9 a.m. Monday morning when you get to work.

Top Bottom