Revolving reps

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Here we go again, new week ,new rep.

It seems implant reps are being replaced faster than White House staff these days.
What is going on?

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
Seem like there's a new implant company popping up every week. A lot of choices for said reps to bounce around in. I'm lucky here, I try to only deal with Dentsply and I've had the same rep for years.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Seem like there's a new implant company popping up every week. A lot of choices for said reps to bounce around in. I'm lucky here, I try to only deal with Dentsply and I've had the same rep for years.
You get the double visit every six months where the regional rep will come in with the new local rep.
Then six months later the local rep comes in with the new regional rep.

I wish they would wear name tags.

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
As a sales guy I'm curious to know when these "reps" stop by every so often unannounced
is it annoying at some point? I will NEVER randomly show up unannounced to a customers
lab. To me that seems a little rude. You never know the current mood of the owner/manager
or if they're just really busy and don't have the time to shoot the 5hit with you.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
As a sales guy I'm curious to know when these "reps" stop by every so often unannounced
is it annoying at some point? I will NEVER randomly show up unannounced to a customers
lab. To me that seems a little rude. You never know the current mood of the owner/manager
or if they're just really busy and don't have the time to shoot the 5hit with you.
Agree!!! I posted a sign on our front door that reads "No Unscheduled Solicitations" . I don't mind talking with the reps, but to have to stop everything that I am doing at that time, just throws off my schedule. If one stops by and says, " oh, I only need a minute of your time" , I reply with then call and schedule it.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score

I never get advanced warning. In fact they always show up around lunch.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
th

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
If someone shows up unsolicited, my boss simply says "See that door you came in, its also the way out. Bye"

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
Thanks for reassuring me that my thoughts on this subject are pretty accurate.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I never get annoyed, I just don’t answer the door. I’ve got caller ID on the phone, so I don’t answer that either. If I wanted to buy something, I’d call.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Reps are useless, they were probably selling walkers and bedpans a week ago and that qualifies as 'medical sales'. If you dont spend big bucks, your low on the totem. However, Im in a rural area, Ive had two reps come visit me 1 or 2x in the 6 years Ive been here. Henry schein, trying to sell me Cad cam stuff and zirconia, he later went to work for GC, and has since been by again. Other than that biohorizons rep came by once.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Reps are useless, they were probably selling walkers and bedpans a week ago and that qualifies as 'medical sales'. If you dont spend big bucks, your low on the totem. However, Im in a rural area, Ive had two reps come visit me 1 or 2x in the 6 years Ive been here. Henry schein, trying to sell me Cad cam stuff and zirconia, he later went to work for GC, and has since been by again. Other than that biohorizons rep came by once.
Not entirely useless. They can be great in helping prevent a dentist from overeaching their compentency level with proper informational support.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Thanks for reassuring me that my thoughts on this subject are pretty accurate.
Ron, my local Bego rep drops by to shoot the bull with me.I have no problem with that.We talk hockey and business.

If it was a different person every month,I wouldn't appreciate it.

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
Sure. Reps are what keep Drs from incompetency. :rolleyes:
The irony is rich.

Just yesterday I had to listen to another tirade from The H. The DDS in question will let a sales rep pick out the implant for a case. Custom abutments are the best choice in some instances.

These Ph.d'ed authoritrians cannot wrap their minds around the experience of a senior dental technician. Even I, have seen more case studies than a doctor (left the field in 1990). At 15-30 cases a day for 20 years... that is a lot of mouths. Also as technicians we have seen a vast variety of doctor ideas, failures and successes. A gold mine of information.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
The irony is rich.

Just yesterday I had to listen to another tirade from The H. The DDS in question will let a sales rep pick out the implant for a case. Custom abutments are the best choice in some instances.

These Ph.d'ed authoritrians cannot wrap their minds around the experience of a senior dental technician. Even I, have seen more case studies than a doctor (left the field in 1990). At 15-30 cases a day for 20 years... that is a lot of mouths. Also as technicians we have seen a vast variety of doctor ideas, failures and successes. A gold mine of information.
very wise to keep the H off of DLN,...very wise.:cool:

Top Bottom